1994 Kona Cinder Cone

yeti_bomb

Senior Retro Guru
My job provides me way to many opportunities to buy great deals on bikes especially Craig's. today my project site took me near a old Cinder Cone listing. Not sure what to do with it. It's a bit rough. Rub wear on right side. Wheels currently have road tires. Anyways leaning towards building a cyclocross race bike for next season. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 558
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 557
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 558
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 558
Re:

Just build it and ride it. You'll still have a smile on your face that Mr. Clean can't get out while sitting in the drive-thru at Rubios, In-n-Out, Robertos or whatever your fave is :D

You called it. In N Out does the job in this neck of the woods. Not sure how stoked the wife will be. But its my first kona after 24 years of wanting one.

Rockys already haunt me. Close behind that is Cruzes. Yetis are fun to. Double double it is.

Re:

I might just consider that. The garage is a bit full right now. Though I imagine shipping out that way might exceed it value. Seems like there is more vintage konas over there then this side of the pond.

Played around with a wheelset I have. Not sure what I want to do with it. Changed the bar out also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 463
Back