M Trax back from the brink

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all just thought i would share my latest project , im far to impatient for nice long detailed build threads im afraid so here are the highlights :oops:
Always wondered about the Raleigh M Trax and Dyna Tech range so when one came up for sale i managed to pester poor Logic al into a deal with my too small RM Fusion and waited for the post !
The frame arrived and after tearing it open found this

gutted , bloody courier had used it as hammer or something :evil:
i must add at this point that it did not leave that way and Ben has been fantastic throughout , top guy :)
Two choices , either bin it or try to salvage the bent bottom bracket shell , out came a handfull of wood drifts and began slowly re shaping
( beating ) the shell until it was round enough to take a bb , then over to my long suffering LBS who working carefully to re cut the thread and save the frame .
Back home and in a whirlwind of cleaning and spannering here it is :D

First ride today and im pretty chuffed , rides great , forks are a bit flexy but apart from that nice and smooth and creak free , .A brief spec is ;
95 M Trax TI1000 18 inch
Manitou sx forks
specialized stem and bontrager bar
raleigh seatpost and bontrager saddle
mavic 231 on xtr m900 hubs
front and rear mechs , chainset and bb ,cassette all M950 xtr
xt m739 sti units and avid 2.5 brakes
( spec subject to change :) )
So there it is , hope you like it and we shall see how it pans out .
Paul

markwashington":fykipp3t said:
It looks really nice mate, great effort in getting the BB sorted!
Thanks mate , still not faced up to parting with the Fisher yet though :)

Paul

Re:

Nice job Paul ,

Looks like a really nice bike now. Relieved that bb shell was ok. And you managed to get out on it before the rain !

Mike ;)

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2105pxs2 said:
Nice job Paul ,

Looks like a really nice bike now. Relieved that bb shell was ok. And you managed to get out on it before the rain !

Mike ;)
Thanks mate
Another great british bank holiday eh ! :roll:
Cheers Paul

Looks lovely. Nice to see it being ridden. Clair still hasn't ridden the RM yet :evil: I wish it had been a little bigger. Wouldn't have gone then :) The M950 looks stunning on it though.

Logic.Al":14fe7q1u said:
Looks lovely. Nice to see it being ridden. Clair still hasn't ridden the RM yet :evil: I wish it had been a little bigger. Wouldn't have gone then :) The M950 looks stunning on it though.
Thanks mate :)
It is a really nice fit too , well happy :D forks are not great though lol !
Cheers Paul

Lol. Needs a set of RC35's. Is that the same seatpost or did you get a new one?
I've got my eye on a 19" one now :) I might strip my cromo one down and transfer the kit.

Back