The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Like a muppet i sent frame away without measuring for a seat bolt. 92 clockwork. pics on here if that helps. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=294688&hilit=+clockwork

can anybody tell me what i need. off out now till this evening. Hopefully i will return to find the usual helpful replies mixed with the chaff.

Thanks again THM

Re:

Do you mean the Campagnolo captive style? Shall I measure one of mine?, I think they are fairly short around 19mm span?

Just measured it and with a post in place and nipped up, it's spot on 25mm, so would need to be less than this when fully tightened to allow for some thread in between? I'm sure mine is 19mm fully screwed together.
Don't use a narrow qr or bolt up style, it turns the split slot inwards onto the post and scores it, always use a barrel bolt with a tight fit in the slots. Hope this helps a bit?

Re:

Yes that's the one you need, not sure if I have any that shorter size, I can have a look as I know I have a box of them in various lengths. My lbs stocks them and the Campag ones on Ebay are nice.

Latest posts

Back