1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (Full Spec page 5)

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Some of you will have seen this in the "MTB Ebay & Marketplace Watch" section under the title "You Scottish B#$%RDS..." outed by Lid. Thanks Lid for the heads up (I'll forgive you for calling us all Scottish B#$%RDS... BTW :LOL: ).
I really wasn't after another bike but when something like this turns up almost on your doorstep there's not much a Retrobiker can do to resist :facepalm: . After a frantic bidding war with myself (really expected a bit more competition) I won the auction and collected the bike last Sunday evening after the MacRetro Clan Gathering at Drumlanrig Castle.
I don't know too much about these bikes but a quick search on Mombat reveals it to be no older than 1992, the rear dropouts and rear canti bosses (rather than u-brake) being the big giveaways. Hopefully there is a resident Trimble expert lurking around here who can offer some more info :?: .
I've stripped the bike down which has revealed a few oddities which i'll explain as I get pic's sorted out. Anyway here's a few pic's to be going on with. and any assistance/suggestions on the build are appreciated.

Attachments

• After 2.jpg
    After 2.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 3,188
  • After 1.jpg
    After 1.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 3,188
  • Manitou's.jpg
    Manitou's.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 3,188
  • CBR Cranks.jpg
    CBR Cranks.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 3,187
  • Before 3.jpg
    Before 3.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 3,187
  • Before 2.jpg
    Before 2.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 3,187
  • Before 1.jpg
    Before 1.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 3,187
Re:

Super :cool: Glad you went for it in the end. I've always thought Trimbles should be built with as many odd bits and bobs as you can find, anyhoo watching with much interest :D

Re: Re:

kaiser":eyrprfzl said:
Super :cool: Glad you went for it in the end. I've always thought Trimbles should be built with as many odd bits and bobs as you can find, anyhoo watching with much interest :D
I was planning to use the XT group from my Technium for this but will see how things progress and what I can find. There's some nice bits on it already like the chainset which I want to use but the spider appears to be a home bodged version (more pic's to follow) which doesn't look great as you can see so would want to swap that out for something original. Could get expensive this one if i'm not careful :LOL: Would love to do something special with the paint job just need to have a think about it before making any decisions.

Re: Re:

clockworkgazz":18qjemr3 said:
super sweet you and mikee can for the trimble riders scotland division- keep it as is IMHO.
Ahh didn't realise Mikee had one too, is there any pic's of his on here?
I think I will keep it as it is at the moment with a few changes to make it how I want it then think about a re-spray later. Need to find a shorter stem and completely overhall the forks as the elastomers are shot so going to concentrate on that first.

Re:

Nicely done.

That really did start out as what my late father would have called a 'glory hallelujah done up ugly'. It is looking vastly improved already.

I'm another who will be watching this with interest.

Re:

Tintin40 (or Duckboard Tony) is the Trimble man...though not seen him around much. I believe he has four of them and did a 24 lb build once.
Jez_4_bikes_maz (the infamous one) did a great rebuild on his tiger. In this thread you will find a pic of......your bike:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24586&hilit=trimble

Re:

So cool !
I have never seen such a cook bros spider !
And how lucky you are ! your Manitou is a pre-Answer !

Back