1991 Team Marin-Alternate Color

Stipen2317

Dirt Disciple
hi, I've been an avid browser/reader on this site since last year...I got this '91 team marin last summer, this site was a great inspiration for getting me into retro bikes...

its mostly same spec as the one in the 1991 US catalogue, but there are some parts that are slightly different, i'm not sure why.(the original owner doesn't remember anymore)
some parts that differ are;
front piranha tire instead of rockstar
marin chainstay guard (currently wrapped with lizard skins) instead of xt sharkfin
araya rm 17 instead of rm 20s
odi grips

the bike is in very good condition ,the color is still very bright, I kept the marin seat and replaced it with a turbo.
there are a few dot size paint chips im thinking of touching up with nail polish or testors...
i'll give it a good cleaning and planning to keep it as it is...it rides really smooth.

the neon is a bit hard to capture.
here are some pictures...

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_0483.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0483.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Optimized-IMG_0494.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0494.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Optimized-IMG_0495.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0495.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Optimized-IMG_0500.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0500.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Optimized-IMG_0505.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0505.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Optimized-IMG_0508.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0508.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,019
Re:

Holy Hell ... look at that! :shock:

The swapped parts are no biggie so I wouldn't worry about them. The RM-17 is a lovely rim, a replacement Marin front tyre (or something else of the right period) shouldn't be too hard to find, and there are plenty of grips and Shark Fins are on Ebay.

That's a seriously killer find. I'm jealous (even if it is a size too small for me). Well done.

Awwww that's beautiful! I don't know if you should think about cleaning a clean bike, better think about getting it dirty. :)
I also think the description in the head line "alternate color" is wrong. It should read "the greatest color"! Despite the fact that there is nothing wrong with the widely beloved zolatone schemes the neon paint is so much more like the fun character of these bikes. I wouldn't worry about the tyres either. Ride them till they show how old they really are and then get some new ones. New Smokes and Darts are available.
Show us some pics when you go out for a ride. Québec must be beautiful.

juice":1nis9pe8 said:
Awwww that's beautiful! I don't know if you should think about cleaning a clean bike, better think about getting it dirty. :)
I also think the description in the head line "alternate color" is wrong. It should read "the greatest color"! Despite the fact that there is nothing wrong with the widely beloved zolatone schemes the neon paint is so much more like the fun character of these bikes. I wouldn't worry about the tyres either. Ride them till they show how old they really are and then get some new ones. New Smokes and Darts are available.
Show us some pics when you go out for a ride. Québec must be beautiful.

Thanks juice. It's really a nice color. I once came across a group of bmx riders and I overheard them saying "whoa, that's one flashy marin,I like it!"...It made my day.
I'll definitely ride this bike , I even prefer it over my m2 pro...but I'm worried that if I expose it on too much sunlight, the colors might fade.

Quebec is indeed beautiful, actually montreal is the most bike friendly city in North America.so we got lots of bike trails/paths here. :D

Back