1983 Joe Breeze Series III "The Breezer"

theproscloset

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
We are excited to be dusting this one off and bringing it back to daylight. Purchased from the original owner, this Breezer is serial number B 83 43.

Hard to believe this is the second Breezer to come through our shop this year.

Since our Salsa #6 build is currently on hold until we decide to paint or not to paint..... our early 80's build is going to shift its focus over to this Breezer.

Here she is:

BreezerFrame51514-1.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-2.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-10.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-9.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-8.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-7.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-6.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-4.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-5.jpg

BreezerFrame51514-3.jpg

Re:

Very nice :cool:

Cant work out the finish :? Looks to be lacquered over bare metal , is it ?

Mike

Re:

That is a cool fork crown , and the subtle cable stops :cool: :cool:

Mike

Re:

Great looking frame. I wouldn't paint it.

Threadless headset? Is that a later addition?

Re: Re:

jimi911":1nreils4 said:
Great looking frame. I wouldn't paint it.

Threadless headset? Is that a later addition?

Painting isn't even close to being an option on this Breeze. That would be a sin.

I am sensing that folks may not know as much about these than I suspected?

From Mombat, "One of approximately 60 Series III bikes made by Joe Breeze. Great nickel plated fillet brazed frames which still used the horizontal Campagnolo drop outs. The clamp on stem is attached to a brazed on stub in the steerer tube. This stub has a Swiss coin brazed to the top of it and then plated. The Breezer Series I bikes are generally acknowledged as the first purpose built mountain bikes. There were 10 Series I bikes produced. The Breezer Series II bikes were a refinement of the Series I bikes and 25 of those were produced. A hundred Breezer Series III bikes were scheduled but only about 60 were produced for a total production run of about 95 hand built Breezer bikes. Production was later moved overseas for a run of bikes in the 1990's. In my opinion, the first 95 Breezers are among the most "collectible" mountain bikes produced."

http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1986_Bre ... esIII.html

I agree with Jeff from First flight that "The Breezer" could be the most "collectible" mountain bikes on this lonely planet.

What an outstanding example of the most "collectible" of early MTBs ... I look forward to seeing how this one progresses.

And I hope you at least got a chance to pull a few wheelies in the parking lot before stripping this one down!

Re:

Very cool! I look forward to seeing this one progressing.

Re:

Nice!

Hmmmm.....cant decide which pic to use for my weekly screen saver.

I ran across one of these in a rural shop last year. The Store Owner was beaming and obviously proud of his ride. The 20something Techs on the other hand were yawning.

Latest posts

Back