Orange P7 RS 1996

pendle

Dirt Disciple
Just rescued this from the back of a barn, but Im unsure how to proceed to do anything with it.. Its in ok nick though the forks are sloppy and I have no idea if they can be replaced , do they make replacemeths that fit anymore?

The lacquer has got pitted in places and caused the odd rust spot, anyway of removing these?

P1050358.jpg

Hi. That looks like a 17" 95-96 frame, not sure which though.
You may be able to refurbish the forks, it depends on how fer gone they are. Alternatively a nice set of Pace RC31s or RC35s would look very nice and are regularly available on here or eblag. ;)

As for the rust, if it's just staining then you may be able to clean it off with brasso or equivalent. If it's gone further than that, I'd recommend either cleaning it off and touching it up as best you can the stop it spreading, or stripping all the old lacquer off and sanding the whole thing down and powder coating.
Obviously if you can get away with the first option, all the better. ;)

The age you mention makes sense.. Its been so unused the tires still have hairs so I have no idea why the forks are as sloppy as they are.. The chain however is just a string of rust coated in what looks like dirty tractor engine oil for lubrication. This is going to be fun.

Graphics are yellow P7 RS I notice from the earlier magz the rockshox q21 were offered as an option. Still Caliper brakes on this

Im struggling though witht he whole headset concept having only been use to new 1 1/8 stds before.I take it this will be a 1" steerer

Thanks for the help guys

Danny

hey pendle,

took my advice and posted here then! :D told you this lot would help you suss it out!

'96 I reckon. I have a '95 and it has different decals and no Crud Catcher bosses. Still plenty of 1" forks around and period F7 are cheap. Don't forget that Pace RC-35 have interchangable steerers and look so "right" on Oranges.

Whilst you're looking for forks, show her some love, lube up her bits tweek nipples if required and enjoy the ride!!!

Jim

Back