Yawn... yet another Zaskar

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
seems to be loads of these buggers around at the mo.

I've had this since new - the original decals fell off one hot summer so ran it for years without any, then got these NOS '94 factory decals a few years ago

I was going to do a factory spec rebuild then thought nuts to it all and rebuilt it to how I wanted it - it screams 1994 to me, its like I've just finished college for the day and am off out somewhere.

Frame: 1993 Zaskar LE ball brneshed 18"

Fork: Tange Switchblade

Headset: Diatech alu
Stem: Azonic Shorty
Handlebar: Cinelli

Brakes: M732 XT
Brake Pads: XT
Brake Cables:
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: 105

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: XT M730
Rear Derailleur: M730/105 mix
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette: M737 XT 8 SPD
Chain: Taiya
Cranks: Topline
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings: Cook Bros/ shimano
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket: UN72
Pedals: PD535

Hub Skewers:
Rims: Mavic 117 SUP
Hubs: XT/ Hope
Nipples: GOLD!
Spokes: dt swiss
Tyres: IRC NOTOS F/R
Tubes:

Saddle: Flite cromo
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: GT inc original Ti bolt

Attachments

• DSC01268.JPG
    DSC01268.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,766
  • DSC01265.JPG
    DSC01265.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,767
  • DSC01266.JPG
    DSC01266.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,766
  • DSC01269.JPG
    DSC01269.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,766
Beautiful :cool:
Just the stem and bar really doesnt do it for me, not on a Zaskar, please ;)

the azonic stem has been with the frame for 12 years, so no need to change it ;)

I've been riding drops on MTBs for about 7 years, so, well, like I said - could've built original, but decided to stay Tomac style.

I agree that you could have built a traditional steed, and compliment you for being brave and straying off the 'safe' path.......but the bars just aint working for me. Sorry.

With the beautiful forks (Bonty or Syncros?) the bars look too big and chunky.

Other than than, I thinks she's stunning. A splash or colour, but not too in your face.

Go on....change them bars dude ;)

Got to agree, PLEASE change the bars. I know it's all down to personal taste and I hate drop bars even on drop bikes :twisted:

legrandefromage":38ww8pa7 said:
I was going to do a factory spec rebuild then thought nuts to it all and rebuilt it to how I wanted it - it screams 1994 to me, its like I've just finished college for the day and am off out somewhere

I like your style man. It definitely stands out from the rest of the Zaskar pack. Very nice. :cool:

I like it and my next project should be very similar, do you have a full spec list or even what tyres are those? Are they a semi slick type.

Back