Xizang 97 ... update 14.02.15

helix_torques

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
New Xizang project to get stuck into ;-)

I picked it up off the bay a couple of weeks ago as a complete bike ... looked pretty sad in the auction photos but when it turned up I was amazed with the overall condition, other than a little bit of chain suck (very minor) there is hardly a mark on it ... build plans are pretty loose at the moment ... I'll get it rolling with parts I've already got and take it from there.

I like the 97 decals but blue isn't my colour ... Gil is on the case reproducing the decals in a black and yellow/gold colourway ... I've striped the bike down and have started polishing the frame to bring it back to its former glory.

Photos below show the frame as I received it ... size is 16" ... more to follow soon ;-)

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

Update no.1
----------

Frame polished over the weekend ... Had this afternoon off so managed to start the build ... hopefully new decals will be along soon.

DSC02358.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

Update no.2
-----------

Decals, courtesy of Gil, applied ... really pleased with them and the colours, I think they match the pace forks well ... photos aren't the best but ...

DSC02362.jpg

DSC02364.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

Build details so far

- GT Xizang 1997 16"
- Pace RC36 Pro Class Limited
- Kooka Billet stem
- Pace RC30 bars
- Avid Arch Supreme brake levers
- XT 740 shifters
- ODI attack grips
- Xlite pro bar-ends
- Chris King headset
- Syncros ti post
- Flite Evolution 2 Carbon saddle
- Chris hubs on Mavic 517
- Xlite ti skewers

Re:

gorgeous. i love me some xizang in the morning...

at first i thought your re-polish looked kinda "brushed" in the photo. thinking that finish might look tight.

and surely you cant run smoke's rear, and front.....??! ;) one of my spare darts would fit nicely..

Re:

That looks very nice... looking forward to watching it progress. :cool: Could you tell me what the wheels are? I wouldn't mind a pair myself.

Back