1991 GT Zaskar fork help

Feedback
View
Hi all, looking at possibly changing the forks on my Zaskar, but know I'm limited by the axle to crown measurement. I've read it on a post on here, but can't find it again, so if any of you lovely people know the max measurement (sure GM will be along with it soon).

also running Pace RC35's at the mo, but struggling getting the elastomers (justbackedated & Pace out of stock), so can anyone recommend an sprung fork from that era.

Cheers

Hi therealjaxon, nah, I had project 2's on it, but sold them a while back, currently running Pace RC35's, but need a set of hard (blue) elastomers as with the mediums I keep rubbing the tyre against the crown off jumps, so wanted to go for a hard/medium mix to firm them up. But having trouble getting hold of them. Hence wondering what the max axle to crown measurement & if there were any sprung forks of the era.

Aha, so what's the max recommended axle to crown measurement on the 91 Zaskar, or what's the max you'd recommend. I have read on here somewhere a post by yourself stating a max or it puts too much pressure on the down tube to bb weld, but can't find it. And what suspension forks from the period would you recommend, got to be able to get spares. Pace never answer their phone or emails, think they must just be riding over the woods all day ;)

Re:

How about RockShox Mag 21's? Its what mine has got and the LE's were fitted with them I think (no doubt I'll get corrected :LOL:).

Back