1992 Marin Team Issue - My Latest Find

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Trawling through the small ads as usual, I spotted a bike with a familiar typeface on the downtube in neon yellow, further investigation led me to discover that one of my dream bikes had indeed become available. Yesterday involved a lot of excitement and a long road trip, hoping that I wouldn't be beaten to it by another buyer..... fortunately all went to plan, and when I arrived I was met with a bike in unbelievable condition. It was purchased as one of a pair by the seller's parents in law and used for...... Picnics! The bike came fitted with its original reflectors and a rear pannier rack for the picnic basket, all now removed, and looks almost totally unused. I took it for its first shakedown ride this morning. Really pleased.

It has full M900 XTR, even down to the cable outers, the only exception being the XT pedals as no XTR pedal was available at the time. My first bike equipped with this groupset and I'm so far very impressed, it couldn't be in better condition, the XTR parts are as new, the tyres are original and still have the spiky bits and even the cables are original!

Re:

Wow, that looks like new :cool: Imagine spending all that money on such a bike just for picnics......

Re:

It's a bit "low end" for a picnic bike if you ask me, wouldn't be seen dead on something like that when I go on a picnic :LOL:. Seriously nice find very :cool:

Re:

it would get my vote too just found out how much you paid ! :facepalm:

as if the condition and size wasnt the price has made me weep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Latest posts

Back