My GT Zaskar... NOW FOR SALE.

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
NOW IN THE FOR SALE SECTION>

The frame got to me all flat and dull with rubbing marks and what not from a previous owner, so I hit it with the polishing cloth for a couple hours and it came out ok, I wasn't going for a show bike look, just a well kept used bike.
Its not 100% finished yet as im awaiting a couple of bits to finish it off.

After a not very successful first ride with the bike I took it back into the den and sorted some things and swapped some parts.

Comments etc welcome (apart from the seat post,thats been done already)

Niall.

How she stands at the mo..

Re:

that looks good, one thing i just noticed is that you have a green middleburn spider, up until a few days ago i had a red one, which is now being changed colour wise to silver but a swap may have been perfect for us as the green would have been good for my build! oh well!

the bike looks good proportion though with the kind of spec that should be on it so for a parts box build i think that looks cool :D

Re: My attempt on the GT Zaskar

Looks fantastic, this mades me decide I want one myself as well. Nice job to upgrade that Kalloy to a Syncros post. 27.0 isn't easy to find, right?

troje":2q5xafsr said:
Looks fantastic, this mades me decide I want one myself as well. Nice job to upgrade that Kalloy to a Syncros post. 27.0 isn't easy to find, right?

Send me your address and I will post the tectro brake leavers :LOL:

1x black post and 2x decals = a not plain black post :LOL:

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":357vfmgi said:
that looks good, one thing i just noticed is that you have a green middleburn spider, up until a few days ago i had a red one, which is now being changed colour wise to silver but a swap may have been perfect for us as the green would have been good for my build! oh well!

the bike looks good proportion though with the kind of spec that should be on it so for a parts box build i think that looks cool :D

Cheers :)
I must say over 50% of the parts on it are from dealings I have had with the good folk on RB.

Regards the green spider, I want a silver or black one as I don't realy like the green, the middleburn's will be coming off this week to be replaced with an XT 737 crank and rings, so if you want the green let me know :cool:

Niall.

That looks great, although you won't get very far with no pedals :facepalm:

Hotwheels.":32g8kmew said:
That looks great, although you won't get very far with no pedals :facepalm:

:LOL: it does now!

Went to take it on its first ride yesterday and the bloody forks sunk as soon as I got on it, so they may well need a re-build now :facepalm:

Re:

Mate, thats looks great.

Always fancied a Zaskar but there would be a certain look I would give it – and you've done it :)

Its great.

Back