Dave Yates Diabolo

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Another Yates build for 2014 and this one was a bit of an unexpected one compared to the e-stay. I was going to refurbish my old Cinder Cone but it needs more love and attention than I can give it at the moment so I starting looking for a replacement.

A few days later a message pops up in my inbox from xxnick1975 saying that I can have a frame that he wasn't using. Turns out it was this fine piece of Dave Yates craftsmanship. I sent the father in law to go and collect it as he's not far away and then it landed back here a couple of weeks ago.

I couldn't believe my luck. Thanks Nick :cool: If I can replay the karma sometime let me know.

So, onto the bike. It has had a repair around the BB and has lost the FM pulley wheel but I'm hoping by using the top pull FM it'll be ok. Pain is in good nick so just gave it a quick polish and started to build.

Pace forks have been striped, new elastomers and decals fitted and everything polished. Mostly XT components apart from a pretty cheap headset and the Middleburn RS2 cranks with Pace rings.

Got to decide whether to keep the seat post and bar or swap them for a USE and Pace!

Need a cable end for the Pace rocker and shifter cables (and a chain obviously) and we're good to go. Unlike the e-stay this one will hopefully be ridden quite a bit once its finished.

I bet the toast really lands jam side up for you ! :LOL:

Another fantastic starting point tho ! no doubt another corking build ! :D

Re:

One of my favourites. My Diabolo is also 731, but Dave made them from all sorts of tube sets.

Great fun to ride.

Enjoy.

Bryncrug72":1u8d063o said:
I bet the toast really lands jam side up for you ! :LOL:

Another fantastic starting point tho ! no doubt another corking build ! :D

Not at all mate :)

Just handy I buy so much stuff just incase... :? :)

Can't wait to get it finished and get riding!

Re: Re:

MRGRUMPY":320mu3s1 said:
Another cracking build.
Your crown is on back to front though.
:D :D

:oops:

So it is.

Too eager to get them on. I'll change that as soon as...

Great job with this mate. With the repair I couldn't try to sell this again so very happy to move it on to someone that's given so much to this site and British steel in particular.

Hope it rides as good as it looks

xxnick1975":ng2kweeg said:
Great job with this mate. With the repair I couldn't try to sell this again so very happy to move it on to someone that's given so much to this site and British steel in particular.

Hope it rides as good as it looks

Thanks mate. It's looking good so far.

Gear cables arrived yesterday so I'll try any get it finished this weekend.

:)

Latest posts

Back