Raleigh Mustang 1988-89

Hi,

Peeps seen this at my in laws awaiting to get skipped.
Saved in the nick of time..

Reminds me off my first Mtb and it was one of these.

Tbh bike is in not to bad of state considering needs the following.

New cables
Re tension spokes on wheels there true however slack,
Greased to all bearings.
And one tyre.

Paintwork is in very good condition with no major chips or dings..
Decals could do with a refurb.
5fb3a8da41a1a1c2cb6ee925e24400c8_zps28b8884e.jpg

65ac7382347ed2a9d6c5f999ac4590ec_zpsb828cf9f.jpg

Re: Raleigh Mustang 1985

Awesome! :cool: The Mustang was my first MTB too in the exact same colour scheme. It was way too big for me at the time, typical parents trick of buy it big, he'll grow into it. Little did they know that I would get the bug and be asking for something in the right size and more capable of what I wanted to ride on it.....oh, and it cost a bit more too ;)

Just noticed the rear light holder, mine had those lights too for doing the paper round :D

My twin brother's first MTB. I had a Marauder which was the same but blue :) started a lifetime of fun!

Re:

Ahh the old mustang :cool: happy memories for me !

This was the mk2 version and most peoples 1st introduction to mountain bikes in the heyday ,this is an 88/89 model from memory.

Looks in good condition and not in the usual gate size , looks good enough to race :LOL:

Re: Re:

Gravy Monster":2nc7hpkn said:
Ahh the old mustang :cool: happy memories for me !

This was the mk2 version and most peoples 1st introduction to mountain bikes in the heyday ,this is an 88/89 model from memory.

Looks in good condition and not in the usual gate size , looks good enough to race :LOL:
I also have fond memories, I had one like that. A bit big, as per

There was a certain degree of Trigger's (gawd rest is soul, guv'nor) broom about it - apart from frame, forks, headset and bb, everything else had been replaced / upgraded. Truly money spent poorly, and something of a waste, but it was what it was.

I've often thought about trying to get hold of one to recapture those memories. Problem being I've enough, really, especially of those bikes bought just to recapture whimsical things from the past, in some examples, things I was always a bit drawn to, but never really thought enough of, BITD, to actually buy, then.

There's something so very evocative, reassurring, and perhaps slightly depressing about things like the dropouts.

If I encountered one, locally, in reasonable condition, and not being sold for take-the-piss money? Of course I'd buy one, it'd make about as much sense now, as did then, but then who cares?

Cheers for the comments,
Well picked up the wheels and to oe tyres as well.

Will update later on with pics..

Does anyone know if the first 2 no's on the frame relate to the year.

Latest posts

Back