1994 Kona Hei Hei *New Pics

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Ive just bought this 18" 1994 Kona Hei Hei titanium frame today (thanks to member 'Banshee) I havent yet decided 100% how i want to build it but I will start by using my Zaskar as a donor bike for several parts, i have some XT thumbies and XTR mechs lying around as well but im tempted to build it up as a lightweight singlespeed bike instead. the frame is soon to be winging its way over here from Canada, so for the time being ive borrowed a picture of when it was last built up :cool:

Cheers, Sean :D

Attachments

• Kona.jpg
    Kona.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 4,798
Re: 1994 Kona Hei Hei

Very nice! Build it up with very average parts and it will be easily worth 3k :LOL:

On a serious note, konas just look so right in ss guise :cool:

its_kirby":d9gfm1x4 said:
Very nice! Build it up with very average parts and it will be easily worth 3k :LOL:

Reminds me, i must get some nice curve cantilevers to push the value up a bit :LOL: :LOL:

Credit where its due though, that HH/king k was kept in remarkable condition.... But still, 3k? :?

Sean

Yes a total rip!!

I am actually really looking forward to seeing this build take shape, you have a taste in bikes not dissimilar to mine by the look of your previous whips, so I'm guessing this will be a corker :cool:

Re:

Looking forward to this build. Should be a cracker.
Think my next build will be a hei hei. I'm busy collecting the parts before finding the frame.

Kirbdug

Re:

Ive cleaned up the frame today, im sure it can be improved on using the 'brillo pads technique' but the finish is in a nice honest original condition which i prefer to that of the 're-brushed Ti effect'

here it is, cheers :D

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

Back