1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Blizz

Retro Guru
Here's my second Blizzard project! A 1991 Rocky that was used as a commuter for a number of years so it has a lot of chips/scratches. I'm considering a repaint, but think I'll just build it up as is and do a bit of paint touch ups for now. I'm planning on going XT build with a bit of Syncros parts (of course!).
Unfortunatly, the last owner tossed the Powerlite fork (aaahhh!). But I did find an old threadless Tange fork in storage that will work fine for now.

Attachments

• 91Blizz.jpg
    91Blizz.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,083
cyclotoine":2sa6fcdy said:
nice! Blizzard Mania! You really must get a 1990 now.
Funny! Maybe, if one appears I might have to grab it. Would that be too excessive???
I think I need to get these ones build up 1st and maybe branch out and get a different Rocky for the next build.

cool! that's one model year i've not owned at one point or another, although fairly close to the 92 i still have. registering for updates! ;)

Very nice! That's a bike I have been looking for since switching from road to MTB!

I ended up getting a 92' Recebtly and decided to cheat and will be painting it in the 91' colours :D

What's the plan with this one? Do you have a 27.0 Syncros for it?

Someone on here has a Powerlite for sale ;)

shutter":ozc5l97k said:
Very nice! That's a bike I have been looking for since switching from road to MTB!

I ended up getting a 92' Recebtly and decided to cheat and will be painting it in the 91' colours :D

What's the plan with this one? Do you have a 27.0 Syncros for it?

Someone on here has a Powerlite for sale ;)
I've always liked the paint job on this one, but I do think the 92 with black top/white bottom is pretty cool too. However you paint your 92 Blizzard, I'm sure your it will look great! There's not much different between the 91-92 except for placement of the cable stops and a pulley for the front derailleur.
I haven't found a syncros post yet but on the lookout for one, and I did see RockiMtn's Powerlites...they are tempting!

Re:

I had some XT 730 cranks set aside for this bike, then lucked out and found these!
The rings are late 90s, and the I-Beams are 96 model year I think (since they have the 74/58 bcd). They are a bit more modern than the bike, but I think they'll look cool with the blue RM decals. :D

Attachments

• I-Beam.jpg
    I-Beam.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 939
Back