1991 Scott Pro-Evolution... Updated

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
A recent acquisition, don't see too many of them around, plus it's an elevated chainstay frame which is what I''ve been looking for, something a bit different....

Needs a complete overhaul, dropping it off at the painters tomorrow, no rush to build this up although I think I have most of the parts already.

Updates to follow.

Re: 1991 Scott Pro-Evolution e-stay.

Hi Jimo
Pro Evolution is realy nice and riding well frame! Which size is Yours? looking like 19,5"
What's Your build plans? what gruppo etc?
Here's mine Pro Evo build thread if You wish to see - mine's 18'
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=220720
Cheers, Marcin

Re:

Marcin, I have already seen your pro-Evolution as I was searching for information on this model, but there is very little info out there.

Build will be Shimano LX M560-ish (black parts), I have the original bars,stem and seatpost, the frame also came with some "Scott" branded Marzocchi forks which I hope to use also.

Re: 1991 Scott Pro-Evolution e-stay.

Well, exactly - this model wasn't published in any catalogue which I saw
It's for sure '91 as all the graphics are correct for '91 (Scott changed graphics details every year, so if You know rules, You will know catalogue year of every model, even not published in catalogue)

My frame comes from a friend, who bought it in oryginal specyfication
Here's few his pics showing oryginal specyfication:
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7784/p4163904.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4900/p4163908.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4613/p4163902.jpg

The thruth is I always saw Pro Evos with rigid Spinner forks, never with Scott/Marzocchi suspension fork - from memory in '91 Scott offered only 1st generation of coil spring Unishocks, and oil/air Scott / Marzocchi fork was showed first time in '92 catalogue
But... FD-M651 (front Deore DX top pull mech) also was available in Shimano catalogues from '92, and my both Evos (91 Pro and 91 Super) had it from new So, as we can see producers had some parts earlier, before official introduction to th market - maybe same story is with forks

Re:

Dropped the frame off at Bob Jackson Cycles in Leeds today...

Getting it done in the original black/red/white, they'll fill in a small ding in the top tube, and apply decals (when I get them made). I was quoted a 5 week turn around, which gives me time to find the last few pieces for the build.

Whilst I was in there I had a good look at some of their framework and paintjobs :shock:

Re:

I'm finally getting around to doing something with this :oops:

I'm picking the frame up in around 10 days time,meanwhile I've been gathering the parts for the build, mainly LX stuff.
I saved the bars, stem and seatpost by sanding down and re-spraying them.
The forks have also been resprayed, and seem to hold air ok, so that's a bonus :)

Stuck on what wheels to use though, I have some Black Mavic 517 rims on LX hubs, or some silver Mavic 230 SBP rims on black LK M563 hubs (newer hubs). I think black rims may suit it better?? :?

Re:

Picked up the renovated frame from Bob Jackson's in Leeds today...

The quality of the finish is impressive, and Gil_m's decals are spot on.

Re:

Looking great. IMO black rims are a must :)

Back