1987 Koga Miyata Ridge Runner

Staabi

Retro Newbie
large_DSC_0086.JPG

Hi there,

here's my 1987 Koga Miyata Ridge Runner which I received today - Pic taken after I changed the Seatpost, Saddle, Stem, Handlebar and removed the Rack, Fenders, Lights and Kickstand and made a short cleanup. This bike is not totally mint, but it's very close to mint. WHOAWHOAWHOA . Dream come true after 27 years...

This is a bike from the second year of Koga Miyata building Mountainbikes and it was quite a HighEnd-Bike back in the day. I remember, when I started biking back in 1987 one of my riding buddys had exactly the same bike. One year later I bought a cheaper "TerraRunner", cause the RidgeRunner was too expensive with more than 2700,- DM. The particular bike I found seems to have spent it's whole live as a townie with fenders, but that desperate state will now come to an end. Only problem seems to be the hole in the seattube because the former owner bought a wrong sized seatpost and to prevent it from slipping he drilled a hole in the seatpost and "fixed" the slipping with a screw going through the seattube and seatpost! Oh well... Anyway, I really have a soft spot for those early to mid-80's race mountainbikes and I almost cannot believe my luck - especially the bike did cost only 77,- Euros. Bargain of the Century!

Michael

Lucky guy. I have never encountered an 87 RR for sale in all 14 years I keep eye on classified sites.

Coincidently I acquired an 89 RR in very near NOS condition several weeks ago :)

Re:

Hi,

thanks. There's a 1987 in 50cm, same as mine, on Ebay "Kleinanzeigen" in Germany . I'll send you the link later today when I'm home.

Greetings

Michael

Back