Orange C16 - 1x8

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
After deciding that due to age, drink and lambert and butlers :LOL: :LOL: that a singlespeed bike is just too much effort for me so i've put together a 1 x 8 Orange C16... Not fully complete yet, just waiting for a star fangly nut for the forks and a new chain to arrive then she'll be good to go,, have a look , see what you think, and your kind comments would be welcomed... ;)

Sorry about the poor picture quality , I'll post some nicer shots up when I get it on the road or rather off road :D

Attachments

• SV201578.JPG
    SV201578.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,187
  • SV201577.JPG
    SV201577.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,187
  • SV201576.JPG
    SV201576.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,187
nice as always Simon , but your chain is going to jump from the front ring . you need a little part with a plate attached to a front mech clamp . I am sure someone on here will have a link to where you can buy one .

Thanks chris,, I have a XC Pro Front mech.. I suppose I could set that the retain the chain on the front chainring if needed.. I thought after chatting to Ededwards who runs a 1x8 that this would not be needed though ? wanted to keep the lines as clean as possible.. interested in the 'plate' thingy though, so if anyone has a link and/or a photo , I would appreciate that... :) thanks again chris... ;)

Very clean, can't beat skinny tubes and fat tyres. :cool: Is that a single speed ring up front? Not too sure about the saddle though.

No its not a specific singlespeed chainring, its a 9spd one.. ;) I use 9spd rings with 8 speed setups on a couple of the other bikes with no problems, so though there should be no problem here... the seat is the most comfortable seat I have ever used.. its a pressed Ti shell, and weighs around 140 grams.. :) ;) I may put a Flite Evo on it yet... :)

Plan is to change seatpost too for a carbon one, when I can find one.. :)

What is it(saddle)? I do have a vague recollection of something like it. The chainring Q was more about the chain shipping, if it does jump, a S/S chainring might be the answer to keeping those clean lines.

The seat is a hand made gipemme fella.. cost loads BITD... but worth every penny.. been on quite a few bikes todate and done about 8K and still going strong....Its actually molded over time to my arse shape too.. like a brooks.. :)

Isn't it a Clockwork? c1993? My C16R was c95 and had a removable seat post binder, not a braze-on like yours. And I'm not sure it had those rack eyes on the dropout either.

Well it was sold to me as a C16 ! not being a Orange guru I cannot say if its a clockwork or not, either way its still a fantastic bike, dont mind if its a clockwork either :) hey its a Orange.!

Would not mind though if someone could confirm if its a clockwork or C16 ;)

Latest posts

Back