Original Orange seatpost logo's

emjay

Gold Trader
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
hello.
does anyone still have the original Orange seatpost with the orange logo still visible. ?
I am trying to recreate the logo as a decal but i need a decent template to work with.
If you have one could you pm me,then you could email me a higher quality image of said logo.
just to verify this is the said seatpost.

Attachments

• original orange seatpost.JPG
    original orange seatpost.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 694
Won't it just be the generic one Orange used at the time (not sure when the post dates from)? If so then I'd have thought there'd be a copy in the archive?

Trust me guys I have been through the catalogues, and yes the seatpost is in the 97 brochure but the logo is impossible to make out.
I have managed to make a decal replacement for the sk8 stem but the seatpost has a slightly different font. I could use the sk8 font, but would rather make a template from an original seat post font.

Here is one of my seatposts albeit missing the E in Orange, hope this helps and would be interested in a decal or two for my other bikes.

Jussa :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 576
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 576
It looks like the total length including the letter E would be around 120 cm does that sound right with you?
What's the width and height of the lettering ?

Just a quick update on the Seatpost decals.
I managed to create a template using an original Orange seatpost.

The first two template examples are different size options. The right example is the finished article which has been printed off.

I had a slight problem when applying the decal. Due to the fact that the original Orange seatpost is slightly curved at the top, the decal started to crease when it was applied on the curve. To remedy this, i simply cut the lettering portion from the logo and placed them on the seatpost seperately.

If anyone is interested in these, please show your interest here. I will then contact Ian at http://www.dnfive.co.uk and ask him to place the amended decal on his website.

Seatpost pics.

Attachments

• clockwork3.JPG
    clockwork3.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 474
  • clockwork (2).JPG
    clockwork (2).JPG
    107 KB · Views: 474
  • seatpost final.JPG
    seatpost final.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 474
  • seatpost.JPG