Old school name in a new school suit (IBIS MOJO SL content)

FRED101

Old School Hero
I sold some of my old school bikes I never dared to ride offroad (my two Yetis) and my regular ride (Intense TRACER) and invested the money and a little more to build this new project. It's not the best place on the web to show it, but I wanted to share it with you guys since
1) I sold my soul (YETI) to go modern. They have been sold to a friend so I can go and see them anytime I want.
2) My new bike has a welknown name for Retro fans.
So here it is : Ahead of its time. Nothing come close to this combination of efficiency and lightweight. Believe it or not, as shown in size Large on a Ultimate Alpine scale, it weighs 10,150 kg! (that's 20,4 pounds!!)
It even has a little retro "twist" guided by the search for lightweight, I'm sure you'll notice it.
More pics later if you like it.
Enjoy

Attachments

• SDC10014.JPG
    SDC10014.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 2,435
  • SDC10011.JPG
    SDC10011.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 2,435
The kickstands very retro :D Ok the gripshift?

P.S. looks very good :cool:

Can't really say Gripshift is retro when you can still buy it new. X0 is actually really good to use and a fair few XCers swear by it.

The stem looks a bit retro... Nice bolts ready to bang your knees on! *ouch*

That is a lovely bike. I´ve been thinking of swap my Storck Organic for one of those. They are very nice.

Good guess but the shifters are not The Grip shift you can still buy now, but rare Sachs powergrips sporting the Gripshift logo just after sachs was bought by Sram. Still they are 9 speed and not to be forgotten 120 grams a pair while modern twist shifters are around 200 grams. So tehy are well sought after by weeght weenies like I am, for this very bike anyway.
The grips are Titec Pork rinds no longer made I think.
The bolts are not SRP but more affordable A2Z.

What hubs do you have? Tune?

That bike has very good components: New Ultimate, Syntace, XTR Shadow, ZTR Olympic...

EDIT: Have you ever saw the look you can get with a diferent big ring on that XTR crankset? With Race Face Evolve, for example?

The hubs are A2z not the most sexy but lighhter than dt 240s and it was a priority here. (1400 gr for the pair with the Notubes Yellow tape)
I swaped the dt carbon shock (not really serious for offroad use in my opinion) for a Fox.
I like the look of the xtr as it is and i think nothing compares to Shimano rings for shifting so i guess, i'll stick to it.
Don't forget to mention hope rotors, it will appeal to the english people around here.

I also prefer the working, smoothness and low maintenence of the fox shocks.

Ztr Olympic rims always make a good combination to a light wheels, i have a pair of them with Sapim Cx-Ray and Tune Princess and Kong Super, and they have 1280g. Those A2Z hubs are nice, they use almost the same base as AC and MSC, for example...

I agree that shimano rings shift as no other one, but i have a RF 44t ring, shifts good, and it changes the crank´s look...

pbpic1401195.jpg

Back