1993/4 GT Zaskar Le Singlespeed: FINISHED

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Call this a continuation of the aqua Zaskar build. plans remain the same, same parts, just on a different frame :p

Right then. so following a deal with Barneyballbags, another 1994 (though stamped 1993) Zaskar had arrived for me this morning. Got some XT bits and a GT saddle too. frame is as it was removed from the box, i havent had chance to clean or polish it yet but by the looks of things, should shine up nicely

Anyway, i'd better be off as i now have 2 Zaskars to box up :D

Excuse the crappy iphone pics

Sean

Attachments

• IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,246
  • p4pb10647875.jpg
    p4pb10647875.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,246
  • IMG_4073_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_4073_edited-1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,246
Re: Feeding The Obsession... Zaskar no.3!!

Cool.

That'll build up nice I reckon. :cool:

I've got a nice pair of Mag 21s (that are holding air well) sitting here which would look good on that. ;) :D

cherrybomb":33v2mydl said:
Cool.

That'll build up nice I reckon. :cool:

I've got a nice pair of Mag 21s (that are holding air well) sitting here which would look good on that. ;) :D

Still got the manitous ;) would suit it well with some other turquoise bits i should imagine. Did have some unique plans for a 16" u brake zaskar but seeing as this is probably the closest thing im likely to find i might do that build on this one. Would include powdercoating this frame though :?

Sean

Would seem a shame to powder coat a good frame but man; it's your bike ;)

I'm just looking forward to see how this one develops.

cherrybomb":272h7zyl said:
Would seem a shame to powder coat a good frame but man; it's your bike ;)

I'm just looking forward to see how this one develops.

Yeah thats true i suppose, i mean if it would get done it would have to be done properly. Nicely powdered in gloss black with 93 or 94 graphics in white. Looks good in my head, but as ever input from other members is useful too

Sean

I was going to get mine done in White with Red/Blue 94 graphics with a set of Pace forks up front. Bit Raf-ish theme :)

Well they did do a black ano frame so it's not too outrageous an idea.
Sounds quite cool to me. :cool:

You could always look into anodising the frame if you're feeling flush. ;)

Anodising is a problem due to the bottle cage bosses and the size of the frame. Some places struggle.

@cherrybomb: To be fair anodising is out of the question, maybe one day when it becomes a more popular option companies will find a way to anodise frames as easilly as you can get a seatpost done now. A powdercoat will hide some of the impurities too, such as the chainsuck which i will have skimmed, treating it like a small dent. I wouldnt want anything showing through the paint

@logic.al: Im looking into those doesnt seem to hard but your right, they will need to be removed first

Sean :cool:

Back