Marin Team 1992

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Picked up this bike on friday night from a chap who had bought it late 1992 or possibly early 1993. Original purchase price he said was £1200 but he got it for £1000 from the sales at Dales of Glasgow. You can see that the bike has been very lightly used albeit lots of discolouring on the bare metal and the odd bit of rust where the paint had chipped. That said it should scrub up nicely and it is original apart from the tyres, seatpost, seatpost binder and saddle. Very light frame and looking forward to buffing it up and getting out from a shakedown run. I have attached the spec list from the catalogue of that year.

Anyone got any top tips on making the cranks look better- is that lacquer that has discoloured? How would you remove it?

Attachments

• Scan10010.jpg
    Scan10010.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 856
Nice!
Had a "NOS" one of these as my commuter when I lived in Sydney back in 96, sure mine had an XTR rear mech too? Was stolen in Somerset when I lent it to a mate :cry: was a lovely light bike though.

Loved the external butting "grooves" on the downtube too!!

I have one too and my advice for the chain set is oil it and live with the look as the unique satin finish is lost by cutting back the lawyer and polishing them.

I have polished a set up and oiled a set
The idea is to relieve the white look of the oxidisation by saturating it wit oil it doesnt last for ever off course and only temporarily stops the oxidisation but gt85 does the trick
Or just wet and dry off the laquer and use a fine metal polish

I do like that gaz.

It shares the same colours as the bottom of the range, bolinas ridge, a deep purple.
I could be wrong but weren't XTR clear anodized? Maybe best to rub them way back and polish them up.

Back