1993 Kona Fire Mountain rebuild

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this frame up before Xmas for a bargain price and collected together some bits to build it...
Frame has a few scrapes but is in good shape structurally and not bad for a 20year old bike, threw some STX shifters on, LX mechs, dug a RF chainset out of the loft and a nice ish pair of LX/217 and Hope/217 wheels and suddenly it's a rider!

Not sure I'm going to keep it long term but my normal commuter is out of action for a bit pending new drivetrain and rear wheel rebuild so probably going to use this for a couple of weeks (with slicks on) until it's sorted and then decide what to do, I've got a Lava Dome project on the go as well so in two minds what to do with the little thing!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 545
Nice! Just completed a '95 Kona FM and I love it. Unfortunately so does my eldest son :facepalm:

Looks a bit small for me as I need 18" or I'd be interested if you decided to sell it.

Yeah it is a 16in really nice and nippy, I've had Cinder Cones, Lava Domes, an Explosif, a Kileaua and a couple of Fire Mountains over the years and old Konas always put a smile on my face no matter how far down the range or how blinged up they are :)

Back