Rescued a 'Cuda!

masivatack

Retro Newbie
So I drive past this little backwoods concrete pottery store all the time and they have an ungodly row of crappy Wal-Mart Bikes out front. But I guess I felt lucky today and stopped to see if there was anything worth looking at. Nothing out front, but the bearded hillbilly store owner took me to the back of the shop where there was just a pile of old steel bikes. I found this (I think) '92-94 Barracuda A2R beneath the rubble of old roadmasters and schwinns. Walked with it for 30 bucks. Think it's a 14" frame so I'll prolly outfit it for the wife, but thought it was a really fun bike with great graphics and that early 90's flair that I love so much. Will add some fatter tires and probably try and replace the handlebars with something a little lower profile. What do you guys think?

cuda1.jpg

cuda2.jpg

cuda3.jpg

cuda4.jpg

Well done old chap, thats a wee cracker, and in fantastic condition. She'll look great with a set of knobleys :cool:

Great pick for $30. I wasn't a big Barracuda fan, but they had cool graphics and good profile. Hope your wife enjoys it.

Nice one.
Here is mine (well, my Lad's when he is big enough)

Cheers....Nick

9635137725_7caed9d7ce_c.jpg

9638366182_389c76c908_c.jpg

9635119301_294ddb053c_c.jpg

Here is mine (well, my Lad's when he is big enough)

Wow Nick,

Love the silver on that one. Looks like you are taking great care of it. I'm guessing the Handlebar and Valve Covers are after market?!? It's those little touches that really set it off. Thanks for sharing!

-Wes

masivatack":a07ft881 said:
Wow Nick,
Love the silver on that one. Looks like you are taking great care of it. I'm guessing the Handlebar and Valve Covers are after market?!? It's those little touches that really set it off. Thanks for sharing!
-Wes

Valve covers yes, but the bars, saddle & seatpost are all Barracuda branded.

Cheers........Nick

Back