1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Last Minute Suggestions?

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sooo... A while ago I decided that I would ONLY buy "Rocky Mountain" brand Mountain Bikes... otherwise I would end up with WAY too many... But... After realizing how nice Titanium bikes are I decided that the only non-Rocky Mountain bikes I would add to my collection are Titanium ones... so... First was an 89 Merlin, second is this one, and third is my Nukeproof...

When I bought it the frame was unbranded but thanks to many members here (thanks!!) I have found out that it is a 1994 Kona Hei Hei

I spent some time cleaning up the frame with green 3M scrub pads (you can buy a huge pack of them at Home Depot for like $10 or so... they are pretty course so they give the frame a nice matte metal look (I still need to spend another hour or so on it...)

I'm open to suggestions on the group... I'm thinking maybe Syncros Powerlite fork with Syncros stem and Syncros seat post?? Suggestions???

thanks!!

Attachments

• _DSC3882.jpg
    _DSC3882.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,658
  • _DSC3881.jpg
    _DSC3881.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,658
  • _DSC3878.jpg
    _DSC3878.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,658
  • _DSC3879.jpg
    _DSC3879.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,658
  • _DSC3880.jpg
    _DSC3880.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,658
  • _DSC3877.jpg
    _DSC3877.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 2,658
Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium Build - Suggestions??

That is lovely! A mass of Syncros kit is maybe a little too predictable for you...branch out and try something different.
P.s. (not race face either) :)

Hotwheels.":24tb98sa said:
That is lovely! A mass of Syncros kit is maybe a little too predictable for you...branch out and try something different.
P.s. (not race face either) :)

Thanks! :D .... sooooo.... what do you suggest? :) :)

Sell me the '94 Blizzard frame and I'll tell you, lol.

Hotwheels.":3bng06qx said:
Sell me the '94 Blizzard frame and I'll tell you, lol.

hahaha.. nice try =)

I was actually thinking of just going with a black Kona Project 2 fork... they are easy to find and proper for the build

Still undecided though...

On mine I have full XTR with a Manitou 1 fork on it. Its nice...rides nice, and best of all....around 70% all original components!

Chickenball":1i3rgg98 said:
On mine I have full XTR with a Manitou 1 fork on it. Its nice...rides nice, and best of all....around 70% all original components!

Oooooo.... that Manitou 1 looks awesome with the titanium colour!... Nice Work!!!

I'll have to consider getting a Manitou 1... Hmmmm...

thanks!

never did figure out what to do with this.

Attachments

• DSC06819.JPG
    DSC06819.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 2,563

shutter":3v44i0eb said:
Sooo... A while ago I decided that I would ONLY buy "Rocky Mountain" brand Mountain Bikes... otherwise I would end up with WAY too many... But... After realizing how nice Titanium bikes are I decided that the only non-Rocky Mountain bikes I would add to my collection are Titanium ones... so... First was an 89 Merlin, second is this one, and third is my Nukeproof...

...and one Colnago Sport?

Back