1992 Pacific Mountain Expert II e-stay - finished

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, it was a Friday freebie from Anstark, except it wasn't Friday. On a whim I left a dry witticism in reply to the ad and before I knew it Gruff had fetched it for me as it was near his family pile.

When I finally found chez Gruff Gormangast a rather excited Gruff showed me this elevated frame. In no way did it have any justice done to it in the original advert - very thin ovalized tubing, 1 1/4 headtube, lightweight cro-mo forks with nicely finished dropouts. Pearlescent splatter finish and bang on the era decals.

A root through the no end of random seatposts came up with just the right size (29.2mm), a 1 1/4 Zoom stem and half a headset. Not a bad start. But what about drive?? I'd just gone and sold all my spare bits thinking that I wouldnt need the buggers and what happens?

Anyway. Nice bit of kit. Big thanks to Gruff and Anstark.

Plans?

It will be whatever is available at the mo but I think some pink cable outer is a must. If I could find those old Tioga brake lever thingies in pink, that would set it off a treat...

Attachments

• pacific 1.jpg
    pacific 1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • pacific 2.jpg
    pacific 2.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1,167
  • pacific 3.jpg
    pacific 3.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • pacific 4.jpg
    pacific 4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,166
Re: 1992 Pacific Mountain Expert II e-stay

Wondered who would end up with this !
Looking forward to see what you do with it :D

i like it. will make a cool project.
nice looking drop outs on the fork to boot.
roy

if you do decide to split it, I'll dibs the frame!!

Bits on order. Some jiggery pockery to do with available parts.

You lucky bugger I would have loved to have got this one ;) I have a nice pair of pink tioga toeclips for postage if you are interested match the brake tamers a treat ;) :cool:

Attachments

• pink clips.jpg
    pink clips.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,080

ooof...

I'm sure I have a set somewhere

file.php

I have an estay added to my wanted list. Must up an advert for one :)

Look forward to updates :)

I always wondered what happened to that (assuming it's this one viewtopic.php?f=1&t=282497&hilit=+pacific+mountain ), already having one from the same stable, another was probably a step too far..........

not sure on the pink either but struggled to find an original component list, mine now it's stopped being a single speed with some bits borrowed from a 1991 marin, similar paint job and drop outs although decals in white.

12342188925_c96405bdcc_z.jpg

ps can do a better pic if anyone interested when stopped raining and not "on the phone".

pps this was thread asking about "Pacific" viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86657&hilit=pacific&start=20

it needs pink

I need pink

you need pink

we all just gotta need pink...

Back