Anodized finish to parts.....

I know people use oven cleaner or caustic soda to remove anodising. The trick is to time things right so you remove the colour but don't eat into the component too much.

If it's a relatively simple shape you could just use wet & dry paper to sand it off. It's only a few microns thick and you have the added bonus that your polishing it at the same time.

heavy duty oven cleaner will completely remove all anodizing. make sure to do it outside and out the part down wind!! :)

cherrybomb":17zind1m said:
I know people use oven cleaner or caustic soda to remove anodising. The trick is to time things right so you remove the colour but don't eat into the component too much.

If it's a relatively simple shape you could just use wet & dry paper to sand it off. It's only a few microns thick and you have the added bonus that your polishing it at the same time.

Sanded :

WD :D

I went down the sanding route followed by a polishing wheel with a sisal mop, takes a long time but the finish is worth it !

WD Pro":em8rbuyg said:
Nice ! :cool:

Was that following the instructions I did ? :D

Having read your instructions WD I've spent the past 3 weekends polishing
ending up with 2000 grit W&D followed by a metal polish and the Tecut

great results without any power tools / Mops

Good stuff :cool:

For anyone who did their Ringle's up, please post your pictures on the end of the rebuild thread - it would be great to see them :cool:

Back