I've finished my Klein!

stavros222

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finally, i've pretty much finished the Klein that I was building for my girlfriend. The bike is the original one that I bought when I was 14. I sold it when I was 17 and regretted ever since. I then happened across it a few months ago on ebay, and it went from there. This is my first retro build and i've now developed a very expensive obsession! I've built it up with a mixture of red and blue components.....I think it works, but others may disagree! Still need the finishing touches; I can't find any suitable straddle wires and I want an m900 rear mech. Then i'll be happy!

The last picture shows my next build, which i'm going to just throw any bits that I always wanted at. The build may not 'work' in originality, but I don't think I care! The frame is the gator fade that I always always wanted. Similarly, I always wanted a Disk Drive so that's gone on. I'm obsessed with Machine Tech so i've got some Zero Flex cantis coming, and a nice hubset that i'll build up. I'm trying to keep everything green, which isn't helping the bank balance!

Attachments

• DSCN3978.JPG
    DSCN3978.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,884
  • DSCN3977.JPG
    DSCN3977.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,884
  • DSCN3973.JPG
    DSCN3973.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,884
  • DSCN3972.JPG
    DSCN3972.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,884
Thanks Carsten! I've been trying to find a shorter straddle wire for a while, but i've struggled. I'm an impatient man, so I just used what I have. But I will be setting it up properly, don't worry!

Local produce

Top retro! Can't wait to see those bikes loitering down Canal Street... ;-)

When we going for a ride then...??

Mr K

Whenever the sunshine comes out Mr K, so err.....never!!!

Seriously though, soon I hope pal. I need you to show me the trails around here! Recognise those brake levers??? I think I actually love them!

Back