My 94 Orange Clockwork build

jimbobrust

Dirt Disciple
Hi Guys
I've just signed up to this site so go easy :LOL:
I picked up a clockwork frame on ebay with the intentsion of throwing some old parts together and riding it.But its never that simple.
Turns out the paint was far too gone so i've had it respayed.
I was just wondering were i can pick up some fresh decals for it?
I've ordered some cheapo generic ebay ones but i dont think they'll cut it,any help would be appreciated :roll:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJDkFJBm1FzC9BSVD-Tw(iQ~~60_58.JPG
    $(KGrHqFHJDkFJBm1FzC9BSVD-Tw(iQ~~60_58.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,087
Gil is your man....On retrobike I have always found his work excellent and is very helpful or is website is thecycleshed.co.uk

Best of luck

Ha ha just so noboby can mistake it for anything else ;-)
Does anyone know what size bb i need to fit? I offered up a 110.5mm wide one but it seems too long.......

Thanks cherrybomb,i guess its just a bit of trail and error then.
I've got an old shimino 200gs crankset and a fairly modern suntour one so i'll give them a go first.
Do i need any particular clearance between chainrings and chainstay?or is it a case of if it clears its ok?
Sorry for all the questions but the only bb I've ever replaced was a one paice bmx one ;-)

The original paintwork looked fine to me, or was the pic misleading? Nice respray but get Gil to do the proper 94 decals for you (orange decals on an orange frame would look ace!)

I'd personally kit it out with M-737 Deore XT - brilliant groupset, not too difficult/costly to pick up on here or eBay, either.

Double check with Sheldon if you want to clarify the BB size needed:

http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html

Keep the 200GS away from this, though :D

The rest of the millions-of-possible-combinations-of-components will depend on your budget of course :D

Cheers lads useful link that;-)
Yeah Dossa the pic is off the ebay listing and very misleading!
The p2 forks and rear triangle were a totally different silver to the original front triangle and rust spots had developed through some chips ;-(
On the plus side a mate owed me a favour and did a great job with the paint for just £10!
I would love to deck it out with xt but i've set myself a very tight budget of £150 for everything including frame.
I know I'm gonna put alot of purists noses out of joint by building it with components i've got laying about and ebay cheapos but if it rides anywere near as good as the c16r I had when i was a kid,I'll upgrade it.

Back