The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
As some of you will have seen, this frame has been hawked around a number of websites including this one in the hope of someone taking it on.

Some of you will also be aware that I am unable to ride for the next few weeks and am convalescing at home, without being able to drive or take myself too far.

Today I saw what I thought to be a door to door salesman approaching my premises, large black bag on his shoulder, possibly containing ironing board covers, dusters and tea towels. I met him on the driveway to find it was NeilM compete with bike bag, box of precious things and company calendar.

Unbeknown to me, he and Coomber (his generosity knows no bounds) had conspired to arrange for the delivery of my gift in order to prevent me from further home based tedium, or the purchase of even more RB offerings that I didn't need but discovered I wanted only after searching the forum for hours on end while flitting back and forth to the Word association thread, posting increasingly surreal drug induced responses.

THE PLAN

I shall start in the morning. With a light sanding and degreasing with hair dryer involvement. Then I start on the bike. I plan to attempt a similar effect to that achieved here. But with a blue over black.

efa4f6113f0942638d5cf3f528fa222b_zpsf0a07847.jpg

Then build up with whatever I have here. After all this is an Amateur Rescue Saracen Of Limited Expertise or ARSOLE for short. Could end up as a road biased MTB or Frankenbike, all suggestion will be properly considered.

starting point
the backlighting is very flattering.

Actually a nice quality frame in need of resurrection.
8c96ba141d1a9cfef6df96ff26f9e9cb_zpse60ffed0.jpg

82e1e2be766712cb5d917613dd9dd4ac_zps9868727e.jpg

my thanks and admiration for the secret keepers NeilM and Coomber. You buggers! Mrs HM wants to thank you in person at some point.

Re: Saracen LE Rescue and Relic paint Job

Super. Its a much nicer frame then my photos showed. Shame it was too big for me but delighted its going to be used.

That bottom bracket was a pain in the rear to get out but threads are all ace.

Looking forward to seeing this built mate. Paint sounds a great idea.

Hopefully it will be reumited with my saracen at Mayhem

It was a shame to spoil the game of 'How long before THM explodes with boredom', which I was rather enjoying watching, but then my e-mail and PM boxes can only accept so many waddayathinkofthisun? messages.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the paint experiment, and how many different colour combinations you end up trying.

Enjoy!

I could do each tube in a different under colour or would that be too much?

Or chain/seat red, seat/top/down middle white, forks/head blue? All Under light blue

When you say Mrs HM wants to thank them in person, is she saying this through gritted teeth?? Whilst looking at her already much depleted nail varnish collection???

:roll: :LOL:

LikeClockwork":373x3mxj said:
When you say Mrs HM wants to thank them in person, is she saying this through gritted teeth?? Whilst looking at her already much depleted nail varnish collection???

:roll: :LOL:

:LOL:

She taught him everything he knows

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 745

I think mean green for the forks and headtube, white for the main tubes , then navy blue arsend . All under a fetching shade of baby blue . :facepalm: HMs idea , that one . :facepalm: I thinkall the local flooding has affected his brain :LOL:

Well? I really am open to suggestions.

Red white and light blue under dark blue?

Red white and dark blue under black?

All from back to front. Red stays, white tubes, blue forks and head tube.

Latest posts

Back