Wicked finally built.........................

missmyfat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
have finally got around to building the wicked up and here is the result, please be kind! (my first retro build)

ytmq63.jpg

This was originally my bike in early nineties until i sold it about 1995, a decision i always regretted. Anyway after bumping into a few members of this forum the memories came flooding back and i managed to track down the bike in a sorry state which i bought for the princely sum of £30.

ykwyvq.jpg

18 months and more money than i hoped later its looking a bit more healthy.

ytmq6y.jpg

ytmq6f.jpg

ytmqtw.jpg

Just finished it (apart from a few little jobs) and looked outside and its pissing down hence the photos inside.

ytmq61.jpg

Spec

Frame : 1990 wicked medium
Fork : Pro circuit
Wheels : Mavic 231/261 rims on deore hubs (original)
Headset : XT
Stem : American
Bars : Syncros
Cranks : Cooks RSR reannodised by mansfield
Mechs : XT
Shifters : XT thumb
Cantis : Dia-compe 987
Levers : SS 7s
Grips : ODI Tomac
Tyres : Onza porc
Skewers : Ringle Ti
Seatpost : USE
Seat : Flite

Hope you like it.

Wonderful looking build!

If this is your first retro build then things look very rosy for the future! :D

Cheers,Al

Great job, very classy. I'll give you £35 for it now. :p

I love the classic lines of a Wicked. Your bike shows them very well. You did great with picking colour and components. Very classy! :D Love the American stem.

Good job!

Elev12k":1in17142 said:
Love the American stem.

I think the superfluous canti hanger would annoy me though. Thought about rigid forks? Or changing the stem? (black might look :cool: )
And £30 to buy it back! Awesome score, regardless of the obvious sentimental attachment! :LOL:

Thanks for kind comments guys.

Steve, will has got a teal yo, when we used to go over chase this was purple into a gold fade at back end.

elv12k, was lucky with the stem, its the original which i just polished.

I know the chain needs shortening, one of a few tidying jobs still to be done. :D

Back