Finished! - 1993 Koga Miyata TiRunner

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
After I picked it up I took it entirely apart, put new grease and balls in the bearings, made several modifications and refinements ....and here it is - finished!

173962858_ecd2286ff7_b.jpg

173962864_e538b5bff6_b.jpg

173962869_879db15de3_b.jpg

Seatstay bolted at seatlug and dropout. Bolt on brakestud mounts. Nicely curved chainstays to enable tyre and chainring clearence. No tiny tube between chainstays, this to prevent mud collection.

One of very few Ti bikes with rack mounts. This had a lot to do with that the same lugs were used for the full alloy Elevation 5,000 for example.

173962857_0ef5336ea8_b.jpg

A detail I really like the bolt on monostay with its integrated cable guides. To highlight the later I used the blue cable ends.

173968922_1407573f66_b.jpg

Sweet leather grips that are a joy for my hands and my eyes.

173962861_cf220bd1a8_b.jpg

Miyata!

173966875_75ccae92ae_b.jpg

Miyata Team (finely I got a pic!) & Koga Miyata TiRunner caught in one pic.

Hope you liked it.

- Melvin

Hi All,

Got those pics in my mailbox. They're of US Miyata Elevation 8,000 rebuilt. Unlike the euro TiRunner the frame is only fully clearcoated showing the pure material.

01768h.jpg

02768h.jpg

03768h.jpg

The decals are non-original. Frameset with original ones

- Melvin

Nice build Melvin!
Are the rims like they used to be or do you look for an replacement?

Is the team to be builded? Would be fantastic in your collection!

Hi Grobbebol,

The wheels are newer era. Hubs are XT (f) and XTR (r), rims from Sun and spokes in black. If I had to built wheels now, my prefered choice would be different. Period correct hubs, rims and of course silver spokes would be the way to go than. For now I do not intend to replace them as they are simply very good.

The Team frame is in use as spare frame and I hope I will never have to built it. It is doing an excellent job as decoration currently ;)

- Melvin

Miyata Titanium Prototype Showbike

Hi Melvin.
The bike you featured with the "non-original" decals, I bought from a fellow rider in Singapore. He told me that he bought it from a bike shop owner, who told him that it came out of the box with these decals on and that it was a prototype show bike for the 92/93 bike show. Do you think that I've been had or is there a possibility that it is indeed a prototype with special decals? Anyway, its not that difficult to repro Miyata's decals with the correct fonts right?
Arthur
:?

Hi Arthur,

So I guess you bought it from Roy, the guy who sent me the pics?

I can't tell whether it is true it was a prototype. Three things:

- The serial# starts with UB, what is slightly earlier than all my '93 frames (UN). This makes (late) '92 plausible.
- I have never seen that size Elev8k with that short headtube. The 16.5" came with with a headtube that short, but that deffo isn't a 16.5".
- Miyata also supplied brands like Koga and Univega. If the bike was on display on an exhibition, it could have been a B to B exhibition. I can image a company will display it bare or with more informative decals than.

Decals: gil m from here does decals, but I doubt Miyata decals. Another possible source => Velographics

Enjoy it! Your bike shows it looks ace also with modern stuff on it.

- Melvin

Back