T-minus 7 days… (1991 Rocky Mountain Altitude)

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Got shipping confirmation! Hopefully will come earlier than the estimate. :)

Wasn't actively looking to add to my RM collection but when offered, how could I say no? Particularly when I've not owned, or even seen one in the metal before. :roll: Sometimes when things unexpected come your way, you just have to make that impulse decision and go with it. But I have to say this decision was an easy no brainer.

Been waiting a little while to get this. Was originally made aware of it a little before xmas. Was to be shipped out early this month but it was held back due to another RM needing some repairs before being sent back to me.

So I've had some time to think about how to build it up. There are paths in my head and parts set aside, but of course without frame in hand, it's difficult to say which way to go. Even with a project on it's way, many options present itself but until you see it altogether, things inevitably can go a different route. And I tend to go down many paths. :roll:

That being said, I'll start out by saying I'm fairly confident I'll be using this particular wheelset for the build. A set of red ano ATAK hubs with KORE ti skewers, currently laced to a set of silver Sun CR17a which I plan to swap out for what I believe is another set of Sun CR17a rims in ano red. I say "believe" as there are no decals on the rims anymore, but from the construction and profile, looks to be identical to what's currently laced to the ATAK hubs.

I'll post more of my build ideas in the days to come as I wait for delivery. ;)

Attachments

• DSC06483.JPG
    DSC06483.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,351
  • DSC06480.JPG
    DSC06480.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,351
Re: T-minus 7 days… and counting (RM content)

Full points for intrigue: if we're allowed one guess each, I'm going with a Summit.

Whatever it is I bet it will be very nice!

I'll guess and say Suzi-Q, given the wheel choice.

A Suzi-Q would be a very bad choice as they all break. There is a nearly-new one on mtb-news.de, but the asking price is 1700 euro.

The anodized red points towards the '96 blizzard...right? If so, great choice!

T-minus 6… and counting.

So on to the next component, which is not so easily decided on. I prob tend to struggle with this the most on builds. I currently have two possible choices… well not exactly, I do have others, but… :|

I have a set of Race Face Turbine IB, which I consider my "go to" crank for most builds. Then I have a set of lovely AC Forged cranks (again red) with multiple spyders to suit any ring selection… be it 5-bolt standard/compact or 4-bolt. Some have already seen these pop up on another one of my build threads… and may have guessed it, a 96 Blizzard I once owned. :roll:

On the topic of Blizzards, I just came to the realization the other day that I owned maybe half the retro model years for them at one point or another. Granted some I picked up solely intended to pass them along as they were too big for me, but still! :shock:

I own(ed):
  • 1987 (gone… sold/traded)
  • 1990 (gone… traded)
  • 1993 (gone… sold)
  • 1994 (gone… traded)
  • 1996 (gone… sold)

troje":3fdd3ikc said:
The anodized red points towards the '96 blizzard...right? If so, great choice!
So Jeroen, I can safely answer no to your guess. ;) I do however have most/all the components set aside from my original build up of the 96 Blizzard I had if/when I do get another one.

Attachments

• DSC06486.JPG
    DSC06486.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,283
  • DSC06485.JPG
    DSC06485.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,283

hi
will be watching the countdown.
interest piqued.
you aren't allowed to get a tantalus before me though. ;)
roy

don't be greedy roy! you stick to Brodies and i'll stick to RMs! ;)

I'm hoping it's a Suzi-Q, but the red ano works well on the Vertex/Altitude TO yellow and red mid 90's frames....

Back