Gary Fisher Prometheus

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Finally got the 1992 Titanium Gary Fisher Prometheus repaired and converted to a singlespeed.

The bike had a wee accident in a previous life which ment someone had to put a patch on the top-tube. This was not a great sucess as a stress fracture was starting to develop from the patch :cry: .

Vernon Barker sorted the patch problem with some nifty metalwork, Gil sorted the decals, bikeshopowner sorted the chain device, kingroon sorted the avid levers, Mountainbike-Kult.de sorted the canti triangles , Harryburgundy sorted the chain ring bolts, pete mcc sorted the campy Q/R and wynne sorted the rock shox's. A thousand thanks to all of you :D

This is the before picture

Attachments

• gary1 (Large).jpg
    gary1 (Large).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 6,908
  • gary2 (Large).jpg
    gary2 (Large).jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 6,907
  • gary3 (Large).jpg
    gary3 (Large).jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 6,906
  • gary fisher before (Large).jpg
    gary fisher before (Large).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6,906
I'm not a fan of the s/s thing, but got to admit that is tidy :cool:

Why change the Rock Shox?

Thanks pickle,

The plan was to go rigid- so sold the judy's to raise funds but inch and a quarter forks are thin on the ground. Then these quadra's came up and to be honest I prefer the quadra's firm feel (springs inside). The judy's were too mushy for my taste and the colour is a better match IMHO.

On your GT sale, sorry this has turned into some protracted transaction, at the risk of being accused of sexism I have to say that women are a pain in the arse. Venessa is keen on the bike but cannot make her mind up :evil: I am keen to get this sold for you, indeed it is a great deal for her but she works in my office so don't want to have to listen to why the pedals are too hard or the saddle is too black :LOL: She can view my private messages (they are sneaky :roll: )hence chatting here. Speak soon bud

G

Yea, do like it  ;)   Looks very light weight; fart and its gone!  :LOL: Some nice kit on it, Ringle stem, American Classic post, Flite (same post/seat combo as on my RTS - good taste!).  Forks look great  :cool:

GT - I'll let it run its natural course now.....I'll keep riding her and keep the RTS dry  ;)   Theres a Zaskar waiting for me if it goes, but I am still enjoying it (even though she did puncture in the p1ssing rain  :x  Maybe she was throwing a strop!)  Cheers for all your help to date, and if its easier to chat here let me know.

a few more pics

Attachments

• g (Large).jpg
    g (Large).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6,818
  • g2 (Large).jpg
    g2 (Large).jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 6,818
  • g3 (Large).jpg
    g3 (Large).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 6,818
Sorry one last picture, really love the fact that Missy G is just 21 inches away frome my groin every time I go for a ride fnarr fnarr

Attachments

• missy (Large).jpg
    missy (Large).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 6,770
Not really, feels quite light, will sneak it into the mother-in-laws bathroom and use her scales next time I'm at the outlaws for dinner ;)

Not really to bothered about the weight thing, I'm 13 stone so all I really need to do is stop eating all the crap and I could shave off 1 stone at no cost :LOL:

Sorry for the massive delay on this one, sure you have all been on tender hooks waiting :roll: ................... got her weighted and she comes in at 23 pounds (bathroom scales).

Back