Kona Lava Dome 1992

konalavadome92

Retro Newbie
Hi

I am a newbie and don't have a clue about bikes just how to ride one! I have been given an old barn find to sort out and use. I was going to buy a new one, the bike I have been given is a purple 1992 Kona Lava Dome. It is in fair condition, needs new tyres and a seat but everything else seems to be in good working order with a bit of oil here and there it should be a good bike, all seems original from pictures I have seen on the internet.

Is this bike worth tidying up or should I just sell it and get a new bike because I haven't got the first idea on bikes. I wouldn't know what its worth etc if someone wants it let me know and make me an offer they might want to do it up etc.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

Since you've come to Retrobike the general opinion is likely to be that you should get it back on the road and enjoy it. Not knowing about bikes is not going to help you if you sell it and buy a modern one - it will still need maintained and will cost more to do so with things like suspension and disc brakes to service etc.

Why not get some pics of your bike up and stick around. There's plenty of information on the forum and lots of helpful people who can help you out :D

I would love to have a 92 Kona in my stable. I agree that its very much worth investing some tires and maintenance to get it up and running if it meets your cycling needs. If not sell it to someone here who will love it and appreciate it and get something more modern / more suited to your riding requirements.

Back