GT Xizang

Nader

Senior Retro Guru
There was recently a post from France with a stunning GT Xizang frame inside! :cool:

This will be my next project for upcoming months. :D First of all I need a syncros powerlite forks...

xizang01.jpg

Cheers

Christ Nader how big is your basement...... this must be # 9 now

Interesting project and the only GT I think is worth owning..... But then WTF do I know

Looking forward to seeing this taking shape and the pictures you`ll no doubt treat us to :D

I started my mtb days on a Raleigh montage, and looked after it like it were worth a million pounds........one sunny summers afternoon in 1991 a mate lent me one of these to ride to the hairdressers in the next village for a short back and sides. Needless to say I was blown away by it, and once relieved of my hair I took the long route home via the local woods and quarry. Great memories of a brilliant bike.......I look forward to seeing what you do with it......

merckx":173zl0er said:
there is always something magical about a xizang. nice one, what year model is it?

Judging by the dropouts it looks like the same year as my 1997 xizang with earlier graphics

Sean

Okay you GT aficionados whats the loop on the rear of seat tube used for ?

Attachments

• xizang01.jpg
    xizang01.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,520
Retro Spud":1g9m4h1v said:
Okay you GT aficionados whats the loop on the rear of seat tube used for ?

Used for cable stop when using Cantilevers [instead of Vs]..

Back