Specialized-Combo: Allez pro and Rockhopper Comp

stoppi_71

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello!

To reduce the gap between stumpjumper's collection and mine :mrgreen: I bought those two speci's.

First an Allez pro from 1993 in an amazing condition (everything original) with these beautiful seatclamp and second my daily user, a Rockhopper comp from 1992 (the yo eddy aqua fade for the poor people). A wonderful paint job in my eyes which had to be repaired by myself with acylics and brush. Thank's to tigern once again for the frameset and the bargain!

I wish everybody a happy new year (or as we say in austria "einen guten Rutsch") and first of all not more bikes but health, cheers stoppi

Attachments

• Rockhopper_Comp_15.JPG
    Rockhopper_Comp_15.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 2,232
  • Rockhopper_Comp_14.JPG
    Rockhopper_Comp_14.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 2,231
  • Rockhopper_Comp_09.JPG
    Rockhopper_Comp_09.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 2,230
  • Rockhopper_Comp_04.JPG
    Rockhopper_Comp_04.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,232
  • Specialized_Allez_06.JPG
    Specialized_Allez_06.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,231
  • Specialized_Allez_04.jpg
    Specialized_Allez_04.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,231
stoppi_71":noin0gae said:
Hello!

To reduce the gap between stumpjumper's collection and mine :mrgreen: I bought those two speci's.

:LOL: :LOL:

Lovely bikes though!

Love the Allez!

All the best for 2014!

Cheers,
Bart

Thank's for your Kind comments. Shogun, I would swap the allez for a tasmanian wolf ;) Old bikes can still be found but those extinct animals will never come back... :( :(

Last sommer I sold my modern race bike to buy the allez and I absolutely don't regret it. Luckily yesterday I found suitable grips for the rockhopper in my town (Graz). Maybe I cover the flite with a darkgreen leather but I think the black one isn't the worst variant.

I wish all the retrobike-viewer a happy new year and a lot of health (the most important thing, just after old bikes ;) )

Attachments

• Rockhopper_Comp_21.JPG
    Rockhopper_Comp_21.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 2,112
stoppi_71":h1vue2mj said:
Thank's for your Kind comments. Shogun, I would swap the allez for a tasmanian wolf ;) Old bikes can still be found but those extinct animals will never come back... :( :(

I would love to see a Tasmanian Tiger out on the trails one day. Who knows, there is still a lot of wilderness here no man has ever set foot upon.

Happy new year to you, too!

after my 1st supermarket MTB in 89, this Rockhopper was my 1st true MTB in 92 when I started to race XC. I'd love to rebuild one now, so I'm looking for the same frameset / complete bike (with the same paint job) in size 18". If someone see one of them for sale, please let me know !

Back