Picked this up today: 1990 Innovator Pro-Am

Double-E F

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I went to pick up this bicycle today that struck me -despite the single poor picture in the advertisement- because of the its color and its 'familiar' frame design (courtesy of Keith Rylance..?).

The guy selling it kept it in his garage for quite a while and it will take some cleaning and lubing to have it run smoothly again, but I think it will be worth that :) .

p4pb10454626.jpg

p4pb10454648.jpg

p4pb10454647.jpg

p4pb10454646.jpg

p4pb10454625.jpg

p4pb10454630.jpg

p4pb10454629.jpg

Apparently it is a 1990 Image Cycles Innovator Pro-Am. Not much to be found about it on the net, apart from a scan of a 1990 catalogue that states it's made from Tange Prestige steel tubing and equipped with Deore DX. From that same info, it appears that those aren't the original forks, but I guess more isn't.

imagemtbsgs1.jpg

p4pb10454637.jpg

p4pb10454643.jpg

Let's see what else is hiding underneath all that grease and dust :D

Re: Picked this up today

That's lovely! Looks to be in good nick under the grime.

Thanks guys!

Yes, this oldie was just up for grabs on Marktplaats :D .

The plan is to thoroughly clean it and replace some bits so that I'll be able to ride it. The wheels are in bad shape, so I'll have to find another set; I'm hoping to find some period correct ones.

And a Turbo saddle would be nice..

To be continued!

:D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice find, I saw this one on MP as well.
I have a wheelset in very nice condition with DX hubs and Merida rims if you are interested.

Back