One Of My Best Works Of Art To Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGOTTASEROTTA

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I call it a Retro-Mod where I come up with an idea on a vintage mountain from a company of my choosing and I make my own version I:E: model and make it a true one off. This one I called a Colnago Giro M-26 and with all of my creations I use nothing but new components and paint the bike myself. I hope you like it!

Attachments

• colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 14.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 14.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,888
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 6.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 6.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,888
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 8.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 8.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,888
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 12.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 12.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,888
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 1.jpg3.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 1.jpg3.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,888
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 10.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 10.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,888
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 13.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 13.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,888
Here is the list of components that are on the bike;

16" Magnesium Frame
NOS 1998/99 Rock Shox Indy SL Suspension Fork w/ Aluminum Bolts and a 1999 NOS Kore Eilte Stem and NOS Kore Lite Handle Bar and a NOS Cane Creek Solos Head Set, A NOS late 90's T7075 Aluminum Kore Elite Seat Post, A NOS WTB TiTanium Rail Team Issue Silverado Saddle, A NOS Shimano XTR 952 Front and Rear Derailleurs Sortcage, New Trotz/Recon 9 Speed Cassette, Mint Conditon Kooka Rachas Levers, Mint Condition Paul's StopLites Cantilever Brakes w/ Swiss Stop Green Pads, New Jagwire Shift/Brake Cables, New Paul's Thumbies w/ NOS Shimano Dura Ace 9 Speed Shifter Levers, Slightly Used Crank Brothers Candy Clipless Pedals w/ Cleats, New YBN 9 Speed Chain "Gold" and a Very Nice Condition Rolf Dolomite Anodized Blue Wheel Set w/ Double Butted Spokes & Silver Aluminum Nipples w/ NOS Blue Tioga Aluminum Skewers, NOS Schwable Blue Double Defence Shark Bite Tires w/ Latex Tubes w/ Presta Valve Tubes, NOS SDG/ODI Lock-On Grips and a NOS Sampson TiTanium Bottom Bracket w/ the NOS Sampson Triple Crankset w/ NOS USA Made Aluminum Chainrings w/ all TiTanium and Aluminum Bolts and a Onza Chill Pill Cable Hanger.

17.8 Pounds

Attachments

• colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 00.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 00.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,879
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 9.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 9.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,879
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 11.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 11.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,879
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 5.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 5.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,879
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 15.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 15.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 1,879
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 3.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,879
  • Colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 1.jpg
    Colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,879
  • colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 2.jpg
    colnago-Giro-M-26 XC 2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,879
Pretty sweet right? This is what I do and best of all I can do anything for anyone. I make my own decals and custom paint all of my bikes. So if anyone is looking for a one of a kind mountain bike, PM me and I can send you a complete build sheet with components, their weights and costs of custom decals and paint schemes.

That is a cool bike, looks like a lot of time and skill has gone into it. Quality job, all credit to you.

From a distance it looks nice.
Close up.
Front mech is WAY to high, shame as you've clamped it around the stickers hopefully not damaging them for no reason. It is also wired up incorrectly.
Inner cable end stops of some kind, use them to make it look tidy.
Front brake does not work very well. Rear brake too ;)
I think the toptube decal looks a bit wrong, possibly give it a model name or something. Could just be proportions in the box.

Everything blends very well though and nice consistent use of Kore parts.

Honestly....? Not a fan, sorry
Aside from me not personally liking the aesthetics of the tubing and the colours; as said above by FluffyChicken, the basics haven't been followed.... cabling is all wrong with no canti hangers front or back, the mechs aren't set up right, and the roadie shifters as thumbies just look awkward perched so high up there on the bars

G

As per chickens comment up there, if youre using this to showcase your work, then im afraid you need to go back to the drawing board!

Front mech screamed at me as soon as i saw it, the nipples are hanging out of the shifters so the gears clearly dont work at all, the brakes will not work as the straddle cable is missing on the front, and there is no cable stop for the rear outer, so this must be a frame designed for v brakes, the rear mech looks like it has too much tension on the cage to body spring and points upwards towards the frame, and the outer cables on the front are way too long and will rub the frame and ruin your nice paint job rather quickly if ridden like that!

It will not take too long to put right simple basic issues that unfortunately let the bike down completely, please take this as constructive criticism, as were not meaning to have a go, just pointing out some pretty clear downfalls with your build!

Apart from a few MINOR details "my front mech is too high" & "my cables are incorrect" the bike is spot on. But that's okay, I like criticism and sarcasm it's kind-of an odd way of letting someone know they made a mistake but I personally wouldn't hammer someone for trying to share something they're proud of because when you pour your heart and time into a truly custom project it is a work of art.....

Put your handbags away bitches, someone wanted to show off there hard work and you shoot them down in flames. There's nothing like a bit of encouragement, what a great bunch of guys :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back