Red 1992 Zinn Z-Centaur

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Most of you would have seen this before but I couldn't resist it and took the plunge to get hold of another Zinn :? Thanks Joe, you're a gent.

1992 Zinn Z-Centaur. Reynolds 531 framset and 753 forks. Full Campagnolo Record/Icarus groupset, Continental Supercross Baja tyres, Rolhoff chain, etc….

Can't fault this bike, its in stunning condition. I have swapped out the grips and changed the seat of a NOS 92 standard Turbo saddle (I know, the saddle is a bit high at the moment). I'm going to try and get out on it at the weekend and see what she can do :cool:

Oh, also got a nice set of Manitou 1 forks to try out too…. :cool:

Enjoy

Bryncrug72":2ntukioz said:
Stunning bike Gio !
Hope she rides as well as she looks :D

Thanks mate,

I hope she does to. If she's like my others – she will :cool:

Can't wait to get out there...

Lovely!.......nice colour!......you will, of course, have to try the fork out. I have two sets of manitou 1's floating around in my collection, and once you get your head around 5mm of travel for the extra weight they are a great fork. I can't help feel though that the original fork is so in keeping with the character of the bike that you will miss it........the crown looks great...... :D

feetabix":11cy9vps said:
Lovely!.......nice colour!......you will, of course, have to try the fork out. I have two sets of manitou 1's floating around in my collection, and once you get your head around 5mm of travel for the extra weight they are a great fork. I can't help feel though that the original fork is so in keeping with the character of the bike that you will miss it........the crown looks great...... :D

The colour is amazing, a very vibrant red, even after 20 years :D

You're right about the forks. I will have to try them, I had a pair of Manitou Sports on my original Zinn so it will be interesting to compare them to the Manitou 1's! I'll try them and then probably swap them back after a little while.

They will look great on the bike, the colours will look ok together too........they just aren't THAT fork though!......... ;)

Its going to be a bit of a tribute to the Sally Hibberd XC bike back in the day…I love that bike so its worth a punt.

Attachments

• img195_110.jpg
    img195_110.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 5,038
Back