My Implant

Implant

Retro Newbie
Hi

DaveH introduced me to this site, and very cool it is too!

I thought I'd post some pics of my current bike which I suppose you could say was Retro!

It's my Custom Dekerf Implant SS with Dekerf Tuning Forks, just got it back last week after a respray! :)

P1020209.jpg

P1020214.jpg

P1020217.jpg

and here's the next project an Elysium Ti

P1020218.jpg

Another couple of beauts!

Fancy paint on the Implant, costly? Nice matching forks too. How do you get on with those bars?

What year is it and when did DeKerf start building frames with disc mounts?

stevek":3jjmff5n said:
Another couple of beauts!

Fancy paint on the Implant, costly? Nice matching forks too. How do you get on with those bars?

What year is it and when did DeKerf start building frames with disc mounts?

Glad you like em! :)

That paint job would cost £280 on top of the frame (£915), it's Viper Blue (as in Dodge) with metallic grey and silver flames.

I love the Jone's H-Bar they let me move arround and avoid fatigue as much, plus make the bike even more adjustable too.

It's a 2006 Implant, I'm the UK Distributor so we (myself and Chris Dekerf) wanted a really flash paint job that would attract more attention so we decided to do something a little different.

Dekerf have been offering disc tabs since day one really, we offer either/and/or on all the frames now.

scant":35tehd9z said:
holy crap now thats some head tube bracing! :)

breezer dropouts on the Elysium Ti?

LOL yup it;s the "FR" hardtail afterall! Nice, beefy and confidence inspiring! ;)

FR the old skool way - 23.2lbs wringing wet! :D

Yeah the Elysium Ti has breezer dropouts too, I'll have some rather nice photo's of it up on the site soon... :)

Yeah, that bracing's the only thing I'm not really keen on with that frame, if it really needed it couldn't they just put a nice looking strut in there or even better just go for the extra gussetting? :?

stevek":2foiup6h said:
Yeah, that bracing's the only thing I'm not really keen on with that frame, if it really needed it couldn't they just put a nice looking strut in there or even better just go for the extra gussetting? :?

I think it's a case of its an old Dekerf design feature that's come through the 20 years of the company.

It does grow on you though, it's exagerated on the large frames like this one.

Back