barn find muddy fox courier 88 FINISHED!!!!

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
cant believe this, popped on facebook earlier and an old friend who owns/runs an agricultural engineering firm mentioned an old muddyfox that was up for grabs if anyone wanted it.......well, after selling most my spare stuff to help fund the lapierre etc i thought i'd managed to not have/need any projects etc and was happy, till he posted a pic.... :facepalm:

my size
all original except missing the post, saddle and pedals
think the crank threads are fucked :|

but

but, check the frame bag, well worth the equivalant of a hand full of beers at the local ;) lol

so here you go, my last retro project.......................... :roll:

does anyone know what size posts these need?

Re: FFS done it again.....barn find muddy fox courier 87 or

Nice one - looks a bit like my old one - although that was a 19 (that's a 21?).

It became _UD_Y FO_ though!

(gutted couldn't make the howden ride :( )

I'll check the cave - may have a 26.4 that's a bit rough you can have until something better turns up m8.

And

few pics in no particular order, bits have cleaned up okay imho, gonna spend as little as possible with this one and use it for work, shop run and occasional tuesday night ride with locals, to show them retro rules lol.

love these

stripped and cleaned with neat tfr

test wheels and a few bits "sat" on it

Brilliant! :cool: Well worth saving - can't believe someone let it get in that state. :roll: I seem to remember a Local Motion frame bag was the first accessory I bought back in '89. I used to put stuff in it just to make it useful, which sort of defeated the object...

Re: barn find muddy fox courier 87 or 88 FINISHED!!!!

quickest build ever for me, the wifes been a pain in the arse so spend a few more hours than normal in workshop lol.

everything has been stripped, cleaned and wire wooled to get it clean, not minty shiny but clean enough lol. had the wheels of the kona spare so theyve been fitted with a cassette of the disc drive, tyre of trebz, new post from ebay and a spare turbo saddle. new cable and outers and a spare 7 speed chain fitted. i was gonna get some periodish pedals, but these are sat doing feck all and i can use the bike for anything with them so will probobly keep them on it.

pic time

dasiy helping to clean it up, still got the cable ends to clamp on and a test ride to do, but no lights currently so itll have to wait till they arrive

c'mon dad, this is how you clean amberwalls......

one more you said, youve loads now dad, ffs!!!! lol

finished :)

Lovely! I would love one of these, a real time machine. The Mountain Bike People made some nice bikes back in the day.

I hope the small child & cordless drill combination didn't cause too much damage - I turned around in the garage once to see my 3 year old daughter picking up the dremel. :shock:

lol. didn't touch it, shes scared of the drill noise, she did however clean the bonnet of me xr2 with the microfibre she cleaned tyres with d'oh

I've got some period correct sakae pedals if you fancy them ;)

And :cool:

Back