Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:50 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: My Fleet!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:08 pm 
jammy git

Hello everyone!

I love this site as you see so many awesome bikes, mine are not so rare but I love them all (and don't ride any as much as I really should!), was tidying the shed and thought I'd take pictures of a few....

This is my Kona Kaboom, this was a one model year Out of Bounds Kaboom.....basically a Roast with horizontal dropouts, the saddle and cranks are new additions....the chain is a little slack at the moment :oops: had to wait four months for it back in 2001 but it was worth it!

Here's my Fuquay, bought it as a frameset from Jez and after some research got the history of it from BugPowderDust (cheers!), I love it! the newish tyres are for riding on.....it's usually shod with Umma Gummas but I'm looking to get some cream Schwalbe Fat Franks as Petes Roberts roadster has spurred me on to do a similar thing!

This is my work in progress.....an ebay rescue Dave Yates Diablo! I have a nice NOS set of 1" Kona P2's to fit (cheers Simon), probably gonna go with a Shimano drivetrain on this (105 rear/XT front/DX Thumbies) and 3DV Paul brakes...

And finally here's my daily rider, a battered and bruised Breezer Jet Stream, no dents though! got a mish-mash Hope wheelset on now (how noisy?) and the Race Face stem was a cheapy from Wiggle but apart from that it is as bought, putting the hammer down the rear wheel flexes but is 100% true :shock: was gonna buy a new hardtail but think I'll just stick knobblies on this!

Hope my epic post hasn't bored anyone too much :wink:

Cheers
Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:03 pm 
Section Moderator & South West AEC
Section Moderator & South West AEC

really like the breezer and i always lusted after those fuquay frames aswel! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:54 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

I like the green bike the best and the red sidewalls tyres on it, fancy getting some red strips tyres, like Panaracer XC but they are expensive for £25 per tyre though, nice collection you have, green bike comes out top for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:00 pm 
Old School Grand Master

fuquays gonna look awesome with new tyres :D gonna get some decals for it?
oh yeh slacken the B-tension bolt a tad too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:13 pm 
Retro Guru

Very nice collection there; Kaboom isn't to my taste, but the others all are!

I think the Fuquay is possibly my favourite... though with P2s and with the right components I can see the Dave Yates being even nicer. I like the blue/white fade.

And the Breezer... not bad for a daily hack! I don't recall really seeing much about these BITD, but ever since I started hanging about this site they've really taken my interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:28 am 
Retro Guru

i really like the Fuquay. the paint looks really, and the brooks really adds to it. I'd run w/ the brooks theme and use there gtips too. Also i'd lose the red tires, in my opinion they take away from the bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:21 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay
Its nice 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 pm 
jammy git

Cheers guys!

All comments taken on board :D

stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:54 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Pickle wrote:
Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay Fuquay ...............etc. etc.
Its nice 8)

What he said. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:05 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

Fuquay is the dog's... apart from the tyres (IMO :wink: ) red sidewalls just don't seem to complement it.

What pedals you fitting to it?