New Kirk build ideas

deaditemyke

Retro Newbie
So I've managed to get my grease monkey hands on an other Kirk Revolution frame. Anyone got any ideas on what bits i should use to rebuild it? See how they match up with my own.

Attachments

• kirk.jpg
    kirk.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 637
There was a DX model, so you could replicate that or even go higher & give it the groupset(s) it never had. I don't recall which colourway the DX variant was, pretty sure it was a Black frame, as was the 400LX model, but the graphics & forks/bars were a contrasting shade. The lowest 200GS model was a lilac colour frame.
Anyway I reckon full XT 730/2 with some Rockshox mag20's with the lowers & bars all contrasting. Spec it with decent finishing kit & it could look stunning.

For the record the Kirk my mate had Bitd was impressive in my eyes.

DX model was Cerise with aqua forks, the forks were 531 straight Geo max in black.

DX is the way I would go but with a white theme and P2 or tange switchblade forks, I know its been done but it looks ace :cool:

RBG

KIRK4.jpg

I think the front mech was LX only as it's a direct fit front mech, but DX would look good for the remainder of the groupset.

Managed to find a donor bike so the build will be full DX. Looking sweet already! Have added some Control Tech anodised red straight bars and a Girvin Flexstem. Will post some shots of the finished article soon.

Finally completed. Full DX build with XT headset,Girvin Flexstem and Controltech bars. Will probably add skinwall tyres soon to top off the retro look.

Attachments

• kirk rev.jpg
    kirk rev.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 389
my 2 cents:

please please PLEASE get rid of the old plastic spoke saver behind the cassette
amberwalls (in my eyes) will visually lighten the bike

apart from that, liking your work young man :)

Fear not,sir. The spoke saver has gone as of 10 seconds after this photo was taken. Skin walls added today. Looks ace!

Back