1995 Marin Muirwoods

Egghead

Dirt Disciple
Hi Folks,

Nothing special, but in amazingly good condition - obviously has not been used much in anger. 15.5" 1995 Marin Muirwoods, the "Cromo Explorer". Was 100% original when I bought it, apart from not having a crank set or seat. So more like 93% original.... It still had the Quake 7.0 tyres which looked like they had not been offroad but had started to perish anyway. Only other issue was that, although it obviously has had light use and been kept indoors and the hubs and rims are fine, the spokes were all corroded and even rusty. Strange.

Anyway, all dismantled, cleaned, regreased, lubed and reassembled. I found a suitable saddle, an STX crankset, replacement Alivio/Araya wheels and some slickish tyres in the parts bin and now my wife has a retro ride for urban explorations and light gravel road use. With matching purple pedals.

Cheers,
John

Attachments

• 1995 Muirwoods_01.JPG
    1995 Muirwoods_01.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,271
Mrs Egghead didn't really get on with this, too much of a stretched-out position for her both on and off-road, so moving it on. She also has been softened by modern front suspension and disk brakes that actually work in the wet so no more retro riding for her...
Now with original Marin Quake tyres and still in nearly new condition.

Attachments

• 1995 Muirwoods_02.JPG
    1995 Muirwoods_02.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 1,079
Back