Saracen Trekker 88 double U brake

Vinevo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Took delivery of this yesterday from Nick, something that has been on my wish list for many years. It is going to need some in depth love and attention to get it back to a fairly well presentable condition and will be a slow burner as really need to complete the others already underway, sound familiar!

Anyway, thanks to Nick and here's a few pics of it in its new environment!

Cheers, Ash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 1,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 1,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,121
Pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,115
Nice, double U's are cool full stop. An old Saracen is on my wishlist too, preferably an 88 Tufftrax.

Awesome!!!
These are great frames. triple butted tange mtb. They are a nice ride. Yours looks in good nick.
Are you cleaning it up or refinishing it? Looks a bit good for a refin??
Steve

Deep clean and polish up on this, I can work abit of magic/elbow grease! Frame needs all dirt and sticker residue removing plus any sticker edges that are lifting either trimmed off or re-stuck. Change the tyres/cables/brake blocks/grips/chain. Strip, clean and polish up as required on all components, needs mid and outer black Biopace rings so will be looking out for those ;)

I have a couple of projects that will be getting fresh paint and great/NOS parts and I have a couple that I am determined not to spend too much on, one to keep the cost down and two to make sure they retain as much of the originality as possible. This means loads of time cleaning up and detailing but I quite like that, it's all to easy sometimes just to buy new replacement parts and bolt them on, all looks great but detracts from the original intention of keeping them going I feel.

Anyway, hoping to get stripping tonight!

Back