Project Parkpre 825 Pro

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This frame was Karma'd to me a while back with a box of goodies from 'letmetalktomark'. It's been a very slow build as everything 'Orange' has been drawing my attention. Anyway this weekend I decided that now my Dynatech has been moved on to another RB'er I would start working on its replacement.

Frame is made from Tange double butted Superlight tubing. It has a great Ti finish which is pretty much in-tact apart from a few areas where frame has sustained cable rub etc. Original plan was to get the frame powdercoated, but i kept looking at it and thought I like it as it is, so frame was cleaned up and some new Graphics from Gil_m were sorted and replaced where necessary. Ritchey headset was purchased from CRC and after sourcing a longer steerer the Rock Shox Judy XC forks were mated to the frame. Ritchey Stem and Bars fitted along with Shimano XT737 combined Shifters/Levers. Ritchey foam grips finish the flight deck of this build. XT737 Front and Rear Mechs fitted to frame. Thankfully i've been hoarding some parts in the Man Cave so the outlay for this build has been minimal. With the Man Cave being a bit thin on 8sp wheel sets I may have to go with a set of Vuelta Champagne Rims on Shimano STX RC 8sp Hubs, just until I can source something more suitable. Seatpost & Canti's are next to be sourced.

Attachments

• IMG_5958.jpg
    IMG_5958.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • IMG_5950.jpg
    IMG_5950.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,019
  • IMG_5953.jpg
    IMG_5953.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_5952.jpg
    IMG_5952.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_5959.jpg
    IMG_5959.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,019
That's cleaned up nicely :)

Liking the TT name decal - took me a couple of takes to recognize it!

Look forward to more updates.

As a side .... I have a second frame in with Colorcote at the minute ..... They are good guys down there :)

Really like this - knew a guy who had one of these back in the day complete with early Manitou's, critical racing brakes and pulstar hubs. It was pretty light.

Out of interest what size is it??

Great bikes Parkpre, will be following this build with interest. I built a Parkpre Comp Limited up from frame only. I went Shimano DX all the way. Great bike to ride. However I have recently picked up a Team 925 which is almost complete (RST Mozo forks). Trouble is the TI frame coat has tiny rust spots all over it. I may have to strip it back. But ideally would love to keep the TI finish of get it re plated. Yours looks in a much cleaner state. Good luck with the build. Looking forward to the end result.

SteveKlein":3bc486g0 said:
Really like this - knew a guy who had one of these back in the day complete with early Manitou's, critical racing brakes and pulstar hubs. It was pretty light.

Out of interest what size is it??

It's 19" from BB to top-tube and top-tube measures 21" from Seattube to Headtube :)

Thanks for the kind words, I'm really pleased with how this build is going, won't be catalogue perfect sadly as it really is being built on a budget and from spares from the man cave :D

Wheels now clad with some rubber (Charge Splashback) and looking pretty good. I was dubious about the wheels but considering they are the only 8 speed I have in the Man Cave at the moment the Champagne finish of the Vuleta Airline rims compliments the frame and forks. Ritchey saddle and Bontrager seatpost in-place but looking for a 31.8 clamp in black. Not sure if I will keep the seatpost, or change for a silver one?

Attachments

• IMG_5991.jpg
    IMG_5991.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_5988.jpg
    IMG_5988.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_5987.jpg
    IMG_5987.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_5986.jpg
    IMG_5986.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 834
Just wondered if there was an update on your build? I have just sorted decals from Gilm for my Parkpre Team 925. Once they arrive I will start stripping it down & start my own build thread. In the mean time, looking for some inspiration from your 825 Pro build.

1997BlackC5":246mens5 said:
Just wondered if there was an update on your build? I have just sorted decals from Gilm for my Parkpre Team 925. Once they arrive I will start stripping it down & start my own build thread. In the mean time, looking for some inspiration from your 825 Pro build.

Cranks are on and Seatpost clamp, just waiting on the Cantis to arrive and then will get it cabled up :D

Ok, first of all my apologies for my absence, sadly work getting in the way of play and when HRH is your boss you do as you are told........Anyway took the opportunity today to carry on with the Pre. Photos pretty much explain it all but the additions are;

On-One Black Canti Brakes
ONZA Chill Pills (Canti Cable Straddles)
Shimano LX Chainset
Salsa Seatclamp
Rear Cable Guide*

*The rear cable guide is pretty unique and getting hold of an original Park-Pre guide is like scooping a giant lottery win. So enter a Yamaha Motorcycle cable guide which was threaded at one end but cut down as part of the modification into a Canti Cable guide. Big thanks to our own Parkpre Guru Rekiborter who pointed me in the right direction on this dillemah :D

Attachments

• IMG_6121.jpg
    IMG_6121.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_6118.jpg
    IMG_6118.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_6117.jpg
    IMG_6117.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_6115.jpg
    IMG_6115.jpg