rock lobster lovers

painter09

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
love em or hate em if you have one lets see it :D
this is my current build, ( and to think i almost sold this frame and forks a while back ) :? :shock:
the 97 frame started life as a RL expert and found it way arround a few members on here starting here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=252164 and finaly finishing at me.
due to the laquer being a little rough i decided to strip back to bare alloy and powder coat in what i see as a very nice grey :D new old stock forks were sourced to compliment the now newly looking frame and that was it, left in the man cave for some time deciding wether to keep or sell as i also have a RL team tig 853 waiting to start building.
a couple of months went by and i started to realise this could actualy be built into a nice retro ride so the mission was on to source some parts, starting withe the xt 737 paralax mavic wheels i had previously purchased from bhill i decided the whole build was to be 737-738 so with wanted ads abound a few members were able to help out with the 737 shifter combos and 738 canti brakes coming from stumpjumper1990, and a nice set of modern carbon race face bars thanks to bert g. the 737 crank set and bb were bought form ebay and the build started to come together :D im awaiting a very nice condition yellow flite titanium to arrive so as i can complete the build and take it out for the day, control tech stem and seat post were sourced in the bits box but im unsure about the tyre choice but thats all have for now untill i find something more within the taste of the bike and i may look at changing the forks for somthing in yellow as well, fingers crossed it should be complete within a week or so ready to ride :D then i can concentrate on the 853 with rigid forks wich is a little to new for here but still a lovely frame. :D

Attachments

• rocky lobster 002.JPG
    rocky lobster 002.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 357
  • rocky lobster 015.JPG
    rocky lobster 015.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 357
  • rocky lobster 005.JPG
    rocky lobster 005.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 357
  • rocky lobster 004.JPG
    rocky lobster 004.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 357
  • rocky lobster 009.JPG
    rocky lobster 009.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 357
  • rocky lobster 001.JPG
    rocky lobster 001.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 357
Lovely!
By a strange coincidence, by 2000 frame is in being coated in almost exactly the same grey :oops:
Great minds and all that...

makster":3734c2r6 said:
Lovely!
By a strange coincidence, by 2000 frame is in being coated in almost exactly the same grey :oops:
Great minds and all that...
:D cheers, i like the colour to but thinking it may need some shiny anodised bolts ect :D
853 shoul be going to powder this week and coming back white to match the rigid forks i have, the rest of the kit will be black :cool:

Back