Henristig's picture journal

henristig

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Alright, since I don't have any threads on my bikes yet, I thought I might as well dump them all in one place.

I have four bikes at the moment - two Clockworks, a Diamond Back WCF Vertex and a Wheeler 7700 - with specs varying from LX to XT. Usually when I'm out riding the whole thing just turns into a photo-shoot, especially if I come across beautiful scenery and places (which happens quite often :LOL: ), so by now I've gathered a a sh*tload of pictures which are just stashed away on my computer. So I thought I might as well dump them on here for you guys to enjoy (hopefully). :D

First up is a batch of autumn pictures from last week. The star in the pictures is my battered old soon-to-be winterbike, a blue/silver fade clockwork. I just really love the silhouette of it. Already a bit of frost over here, ugh...

sorry for the crappy quality, they are all shot with my phone

282j85k.jpg

27yo76e.jpg

2wgt35e.jpg

1zob5lx.jpg

jzxufl.jpg

n1uubt.jpg

wcl7yt.jpg

vn1s12.jpg

6qdvo0.jpg

2qwg561.jpg

14so955.jpg

To finish it off: something a bit artistic. Do you guys also get the sensation that those leaves might be made of toilet paper? :D

23tm5vp.jpg

Some very nice piccys there -- should email a few off to Orange :D

Lot of seatpost action going on there - would a 19" be a better fit.....?

Thanks for the nice comments guys! As soon as I get a decent collection of clockwork footage that I'm happy with I'll send it off to orange to remind them of what they used to make - thanks for the tip. :D

As for the seat post, you are absolutely right. That's why I have Stocko's stunning and prolly super photogenic 19'' orange/white fade clockwork being shipped over as we speak. :twisted: It will probably look ace in the snow (and we get a lot of it here) Expect pictures.

Don't tell anyone, but I secretly love overextended seatposts - they create such a magnificently racy look :D

Here's a shot of the DBR WCF for you to enjoy in the meantime. Snapped it on a 70 mile trip through the countryside on my way to visit the in-laws. Note to self: never ever bring a 15kg backpack on a trip like that again...

9WCM3TZ.jpg

henristig":3ownfs47 said:
Don't tell anyone, but I secretly love overextended seatposts - they create such a magnificently racy look :D
As one who could ride a 20" frame, but instead chooses 18" frames, I have to agree with you.

Great photo's, very Autumnal.

NeilM":12xclvxz said:
henristig":12xclvxz said:
As one who could ride a 20" frame, but instead chooses 18" frames, I have to agree with you.

I third that!

PS is the front wheel on backwards on the blue/silver Clockwork? Lovely looking bikes and scenery!

Great photos of the blue/silver Clockwork – absolute wowzers!

As Dossa suggests, these would enrich the Orange archive.

matt24777":1g2l6dw3 said:
NeilM":1g2l6dw3 said:
henristig":1g2l6dw3 said:

I third that!

PS is the front wheel on backwards on the blue/silver Clockwork? Lovely looking bikes and scenery!

I was beginning to wonder if someone would notice :D Ever since I got the bike I had a real problem with the front tyre slipping on the rim, and it was eating a hole in my inner tube-budget. I had a hard time figuring it out, but then I thought I'd flip the whole thing around in case the tyre would stick a bit better to the rim that way. And what do you know, two weeks in and still no slippage. So now it's become this kind of a permanent temporary solution... :facepalm:

If you chaps know of any good tricks to fix this problem the proper way I'd gladly hear you out!

Now let's introduce the WCF a bit better. The pic is a tad blurry (damn my shaky hand) but I still wanted to post it because I simply love how the bike is placed in the picture. And mind you, that was a rather steep climb, even though it doesn't show very well through the lens. :cool:

5hxptwM.jpg

Close-ups of the Orange/white Orange. As you can see, the bike's absolutely mint. And VERY bright. :cool:

2rp8y0k.jpg

15xkcp3.jpg

34gsnk4.jpg

4r52e0.jpg

bGaFX6A.jpg

MvYTGw7.jpg

68SKdYy.jpg

tSdfPNb.jpg

D9UjliA.jpg

TdDVLxK.jpg

s7Z0ECB.jpg

And finally my orange Ortlieb messenger bag matches with something :LOL: